E*TRADE Financial
www.etrade.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good Experience in short-term but dead end road

Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee)
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMakes it easy to get acclimated with the market and a range of investments. Benefits are great. Good place to get a series 7 as they have a good training program but most moves within the company after that are lateral.

ConsVery micro managed. Because of this, it is difficult to create relationships within the workplace. Most employees show up and leave with very little interaction. It is luck of the draw to get off work and most people end up taking PTO days in the middle of the week because Mondays and Fridays are the busiest days. New hires typically are stuck on an off hour shift that may include nights and weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a CEO longer than 6 months that can implement a strategy to be more successful.

Everyone is an island, little opportunity to grow

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros: They hand out titles like lollipops and E*TRADE looks good… Cons: They hook you in the position with a higher than normal salary and promises of bonsuses, raises and promotions. Opinion throughout the company is that… Advice to Senior Management: Back off. Let your employees do what they were hired… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

You need the right personality to work here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Arlington, VA (US)

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good staff and middle managers. Salary and benefits could be better,… Cons: Way too much micro-managing. Very secretive and very political atmosphere. Morale rather low. Senior management has… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more opportunities to move to other areas of the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on E*TRADE Financial.

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at E*TRADE Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for E*TRADE Financial CEO Paul T. Idzik. All reviews posted anonymously by E*TRADE Financial employees.