There are newer employer reviews for EMC

A good company to work for with an excellent suite of products.

Current Employee - Solutions Architect  in  Albany, NY (US)
Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Albany, NY (US)

I have been working at EMC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

EMC provides an excellent benefit package at a reasonable cost. I work in a smaller field office and growth opportunities there are more limited than in the main offices. The have a good tuition reimbursement policy.

Cons

The customer facing positions in the field can involve irregular and long hours.

Put a leash on the sales organization and make them more accountable for what is sold.

1921 Other Employee Reviews for EMC (View Most Recent)

Silo Mentality

I worked at EMC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, decent salary, though not great, encourage learning,great work-out facilities

Cons

Management at first professed that they were all about helping you drive for success. In the beginning they were there to assist in working with you while you were learning your position. One minor, and I do mean minor error, and that behavior is all over and it becomes having to prove yourself on a daily basis. Since so many of my colleagues were legacy people, 15 years plus, there is definite favoritism that puts a newbie at a disadvantage. It is so sad that it had to end on a negative not...since the company as a whole is great.

Start being in touch with the people that report to you. Driving them out of fear will only burn them out!

Challenging, exciting, opportunities and Problems galore

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Southborough, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Southborough, MA (US)

I have been working at EMC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A "Sense of Urgency" is a core cultural value. Get things done is a major driving force; very quarterly driven with explicit goals. Opportunities and challenges abound.

Cons

Strategy and Architecture often take a back seat to short term business goals. The "fire-fighter hero" is often valued more than the quieter, well managed person; visibility and "savior" factor receive more R&R.

I love my management.

There are newer employer reviews for EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!