Great people to learn from

Current Employee - Advisory Staff
Current Employee - Advisory Staff

I have been working at EY full-time

Pros

Quality of the people
Variety of projects
Good place to start a career

Cons

Hours
Difficult to get on best projects as a Staff

Other Reviews for EY

Healthcare Practice

Current Employee - Advisory Staff II  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Advisory Staff II in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people, interesting projects, decent pay, ability to work n multi-disciplinary teams. The healthcare practice is thriving and there is a fair amount of growth opportunity. Culture is amazing! Offers many learning opportunities and education weeks twice a year.

I have been fortunate in being able to choose my projects due to multiple senior managers and managers wanting me on team and my practice area is specialized. Opportunities there if you take advantage. Career can be what you make it.

People care about you as a person. Noticeable increase of firm pushing work/life balance. 15 years on best places to work for list. It's true, EY is a great place.

Change in year-end review process will allow majority of employees to get bonus rather than old system where only the 5 ratings (1-5) would split the bonus pool dollars.

Firm leadership decision making is transparent and disseminated to practice.

Cons

Old systems that leads to administrative burdens. Difficult at times to get 'permission' to pitch potential clients due to audit and independence rules.

Hiring of people one or two levels above you because they are older and have industry experience, could lead into a more cut-throat culture as there would be fewer opportunities for advancement.

Some clients. Haha

More needs to be done to distinguish healthcare advisory. People confuse us with the audit arm. Even at the client! Go to www.ey.com and look for healthcare...it's not easy to locate. Stop using Lotus notes!

Level of acceptance towards company

Current Employee - Associate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Associate in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than a year

Pros

TOIL is available for use

Cons

long hours, however as long as there is company

There are newer employer reviews for EY.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!