EY
3.6 of 5 3,783 reviews
www.ey.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Great place to start career, but may not be long-term best fit

Tax Staff (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than a year

Pros1) The diversified staffing group. With the DSG, there are two things that happen, that are pretty cool.
a) You yourself know that if you don't like a particular job, you aren't necessarily stuck doing it.
b) Other people for the most part are interested in helping you find a group you like.

2) Great culture for coaching, learning, training, and teaming.

3) For a Big 4 firm, many people are willing to work with you on flexibility.

Cons1) Like all the Big 4 firms, the hours become rough at times. Even with work-life balance, there is a LOT of work.

2) With the diversified staffing group, staff and seniors can experience rolling out of one busy season directly into another with no breaks.

3) While compensation is a good solid start compared to most majors, it's not the top in absolute terms, and when you start looking on a per hour basis, it's not very competitive. This is mostly a Big 4 issue, though.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to spread the workload better. There are some people who are consistently over 100% utilized (and maybe part of the reason is that they are the most desirable employees), but over-utilization burns people out, and there are other employees to smooth out the opportunities for.

Overview

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Independence, flexibility, prestige, upward mobility Cons: Long hours, lower pay, lack of guidance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great experience

Advisory Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great People, good clients, good opportunities. Cons: Worklife balance, short deadlines, lack of resources (sometimes). Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on EY.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EY CEO Mark Weinberger. All reviews posted anonymously by EY employees.