EarthLink

www.earthlink.net
  www.earthlink.net
There are newer employer reviews for EarthLink

Terrific people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at EarthLink

Pros

Good folks working there, management is quite focused and there are many opportunities to contribute as resources are a bit thin.

Cons

The technology is very old at this point and the leanness of the enterprise makes it unlikely it will advance significantly.

263 Other Employee Reviews for EarthLink (View Most Recent)

Current commission plan is terrible!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I have been working at EarthLink

Pros

Average Salary and benefits. They are good with PTO and realize their is a life outside EarthLink. Good network and product set.

Cons

Worst commission plan for sales I have ever seen. Virtually, non-existent or near impossible to take advantage of it. Poor moral and attitude. Why work so hard, when in reality, we know we are not getting commissions that are worth our efforts?

If you want to increase sales, make sure your reps are motivated by a much improved comp plan. Be realistic with quotas and sales expectations. Be aware of our fierce competition as well and do better combat them.

Very Overworked (60+hrs/wk), underpaid, unsupported.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at EarthLink

Pros

The non-management workers (from Sr. Managers down) were the ones who got the work done. I did work with some bright people who tried to get things done despite bad executive and Sr. management. You were able to effect some change/make a difference, more so than jobs I held previously in larger companies.

Cons

Throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks bad management and lack of direction. Ridiculously long hours (seemed to be more like this in Customer Care organization). Management only supported themselves. Lots of finger pointing and blame game. Always needing to watch your back. People constantly coming to your desk at 5pm or 6pm with their "hair on fire" to draw you into some drama for hours. Ridiculous amounts of email to deal with (CYA). Very toxic environment. Left just before the big layoff - tired of dealing and saw what was coming.

I can't believe this company is still here. Sounds like executives are just beating it until they can't anymore and making sure they have their golden parachutes. Advice - get a clue.

There are newer employer reviews for EarthLink