Echo Global Logistics
www.echo.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Mediocre, but could be so much more

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than a year

ProsYoung culture and extracurricular activities are geared toward that.

Atmosphere is light and loose.

The potential here is staggering ... if they can reach it remains to be seen. There are many things that we do well. But many, many others that we simply get by on brute force.

ConsQuantity over quality is the name of the game. Focus is on turning out code, which is often sub-par.

It is not a collaborative environment. Not just between individual development teams, but between the business and the analysts, the analysts and the developers, and between development teams. We simply do not work well together to compliment each other.

Pay and benefits in IT is mediocre, especially given the hours and effort expended, turnover is high.

No investment in training for IT staff. Not on the business. Not ongoing technical training.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are a lot of young managers, who were promoted from within the company, which is generally good. But there is little balance between young guns that only know the "Echo Way" and seasoned professionals that can help the company improve.

There are some smart people in IT. Put the brightest from IT and the business in a room and engage them. Collaborate with them. Then challenge them. They will challenge you back and help you to examine your preconceptions. Put all the pieces to the puzzle on the table so we can find the missing pieces together. The result will be truly dynamic partnership.

Not a place to make a living

Carrier Sales (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good place to get logistics Experience. 35K salary ( is a pro if thats all… Cons: zero chance for commission too many hours no advancement potential Benefits suck Advice to Senior Management: Incentives that actually have money in them. commission plan with an actual… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Post-Collegiate Frat Party

Logistics Sales Trainee (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros: Young atmosphere constant change, and Beer Friday. Cons: Where to begin: For starters, the 'Logistics Sales Trainee' period is outrageous. 6 months of managers the same age as you making you feel replaceable.… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees and what they have to say. Learn how to communicate with each other and make… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Echo Global Logistics.

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Echo Global Logistics – Why Work for Us?

Take a look at the future of logistics... take a look at Echo. Driven, energetic and motivated – the Echo team is made of like minded individuals with one common thread, an opportunity to jumpstart a career at a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Echo Global Logistics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Echo Global Logistics CEO Doug Waggoner. All reviews posted anonymously by Echo Global Logistics employees.