Echo Global Logistics

www.echo.com
  www.echo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Executives do not respect IT

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Chicago, IL (US)
Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The IT dept at Echo is top notch. The entire team wants to make a great product. The IT managers are great. They can be a tad bit arrogant, but name me one IT manager who isn't one of the most arrogant people you've meet. There is a real chance for advancement in this dept, which is rare for IT. And it isn't based on favorites, but skill level. However...

Cons

The Executives do not give us any respect or time to do what's right. They're constantly pushing us to do things quick and easy.

The pay and benefit structure do not match the market. The health insurance plan for families is the worst I've ever seen offered to an IT dept. The co-pay is almost $800/month. Most employees with families do not use Echo's insurance cause the cost is too high. It's cheaper for them to purchase it online or use their spouse's plan.

The 401k matching is the bare minimum a company can offer and still legally be able to state they have matching 401k. It's all based on very long term vestments so you'll never see the matching $.

They claim your bonuses is a max of 5%, but in reality it's only maxes out at 2.5%, vs. the standard 10% offered by most IT places. The upper management does not see bonuses as a way to reward you for hard work, instead they see it as some chicken feed to throw at you so they can say they handed out bonuses.

The high turnover rate reflects the lack of benefits, and yet they still haven't figured it out.

Give your IT dept a real competitive bonus structure. Pay for most of their health insurance, which is pretty standard for IT dept. The current benefits structure makes me NOT want to work hard or work overtime. We had record profits the last 2 years mainly due to new products pushed out via overtime by IT. But yet the IT dept is constantly given the cold shoulder.

142 Other Employee Reviews for Echo Global Logistics (View Most Recent)

Work Hard, Play Hard

Current Employee - Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Inside Sales

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere, especially on Fridays

Cons

Stuck in an office on phones all day

Great first job

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

great work environment, fun people, potential to make alot of money

Cons

hard to move out of sales roll

There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics