There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Growing company, stable industry, great company culture

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone who works here is outgoing, high energy and competitive. Its a casual dress code and can wear shorts which is awesome in the dead of summer. You are constantly busy which makes the day fly by. Its a big open room/sales floor with no cubicals so you sit with your team and all the departments are interacting and negotiating with each other all day which helps you learn the industry and stay updated on market rates.

Cons

It can be very stressful at times and overwhelming in the begining. Since we are a broker, a lot of the problems that arise are out of our control and then you have to relay that information to the customer/carrier. Yes, they are usually upset which is really uncomfortable at first but thats just part of the business and its all about how you handle the situation so if you getting good at that is how you do well.

I like the fact that we are not micromanged but it would be nice if the Supervisors had more time to "mentor" us and we could learn from some of the senior reps. When you are new, it can be hard to know where to start or hard to keep yourself motivated becasue the goals seem so far away and are conflicting at times.

130 Other Employee Reviews for Echo Global Logistics (View Most Recent)

Up and Down

Former Employee - Inside Sales  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. young company and young environment
    2. everyone is friends
    3. your book of business is how you make it.

Cons

1. Management only rewards though who show the big numbers which is about 2%
    2. Poor compensation based on what the company strives for
    3. shady communication
    4. you are just a number

Make commission plan fair for all parties.
    Do not be shady
    Raise the base salary until things get figured out.

my home away from home

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hands down the people. I was an out of state student at UA and them moved up to Scottsdale with a guy in my frat after graduation but the majority of my friends and all of my family are still back home. I instantly had a new group of close friends the day I joined Echo that I expect I will stay close with several throughout my whole life. There seem to be a lot of midwesterns that I can relate to and get advice from.

Cons

College is over and this is the real world. As I assume with any job, you are going to have bad days but it is what it is, nothing really bad to write home about.

Be more visible and involved! Direct Supervisors and other members of my team (and teams of other departments) are fantastic and always happy to help my questions & concerns, no matter how obscure they may be. Rarely see the VPs when they are around and from the few and brief interactions I have had, it appears they have an abundance of knowledge on both the industry and business in general that i would love to be able to learn from! Also, work on disconnect between branches and HQ. I know its becasue we are so far away and in a different time zone, but sometimes it can feel like we aren't as important.

There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!