Echo Global Logistics

www.echo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Growing company, stable industry, great company culture

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone who works here is outgoing, high energy and competitive. Its a casual dress code and can wear shorts which is awesome in the dead of summer. You are constantly busy which makes the day fly by. Its a big open room/sales floor with no cubicals so you sit with your team and all the departments are interacting and negotiating with each other all day which helps you learn the industry and stay updated on market rates.

Cons

It can be very stressful at times and overwhelming in the begining. Since we are a broker, a lot of the problems that arise are out of our control and then you have to relay that information to the customer/carrier. Yes, they are usually upset which is really uncomfortable at first but thats just part of the business and its all about how you handle the situation so if you getting good at that is how you do well.

I like the fact that we are not micromanged but it would be nice if the Supervisors had more time to "mentor" us and we could learn from some of the senior reps. When you are new, it can be hard to know where to start or hard to keep yourself motivated becasue the goals seem so far away and are conflicting at times.

151 Other Employee Reviews for Echo Global Logistics (View Most Recent)

I didn't know a job like this existed!

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working at Echo. The Dallas branch has a fun work hard play hard mentality. As long as you are willing to work, this is the place for you. Its a young atmosphere that provides premeir training to their new employees. They bend over backwards to make sure you understand logistics and the sales process. The manager and supervisors are great too. They do not micro manage--they think out of the box and find new and exciting ways to motivate us. We even have beer Fridays and get to wear jeans. The incoming pay is competitive especially in Dallas. I still can't think of a reason to turn this job down. I have recommended some of my close friends, so obviously I think highly of Echo.

Cons

It is sales so you have to be ready to put in the work at the beginning to get a sturdy customer base. Other than that, there aren't very many cons. If you arent happy with something all you have to do is go to someone in management and they will help you. They genuinely want you to enjoy your job.

Growing company- great place to build a career

Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced and growing company with unlimited opportunities. Very supportive management, fun atmosphere, and great co-workers. Very comprehensive training that is beneficial whether or not you have been in the transportation industry. Not a mindless office job where you just go through the motions, something new every day. If you are a hardworker, competitive, and like a sales atmosphere Echo does provide you with the tools to succeed and invests a lot of time/resources in employees. Management is easy to talk to, very positive, always willing to meet with you to discuss questions or frustrations. Monthly reviews that go over performance, success, room for growth, and new goals. This office also likes to celebrate success and recognizes when you do a good job or are improving. New office is in a great location with many windows and lots of natural light.

Cons

Less sick days and company holidays than other companies I've worked for.

There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics