Enterprise Rent-A-Car

www.go.enterprise.com
  www.go.enterprise.com
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Great Experience, Good Company, Lower Pay

Current Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great training programs.
Great people to work with.
Promote from within and reward hard work.
Good Benefits

Cons

Low pay compared to other large companies.
Very log jammed which slows promotions.
Some work can seem repetitive and not as important as claimed to be.

Higher wages for those who prove themselves.

3184 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

Typically energetic environment but gets old real fast.

Former Employee - Senior Customer Assistance Representative in Bardonia, NY (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As an intern I was the youngest in my branch (21) but everyone else was only a few years older so it was a energetic office. Everyone jokes around you get to know employees from all over your area pretty well as you see them frequently delivering/picking up cars from other branches. Best salesperson in each branch every month would get taken out to dinner, yankee/mets game, etc.. Frequent company sponsored happy hours if the entire area did well that month. Management was usually positive and fun, very easy to approach and more than willing to answer questions or offer help.

Cons

Working with the general public is quite the experience. I worked at the largest branch in my area so it was constantly busy. You will meet ALL kinds of people from very friendly to incredibly rude, illiterate, intolerable, disgusting people. I am very good at interacting with others and not letting insults get to me but at ERAC you might want to have a tranquilizer attached to your hip so you don't kill some customers with the clip board. When the branch is busy it is BUSY and when customers wait for longer than they think should, they get pissed. You will be running around checking people into cars, cleaning cars, swapping out cars, answering phones, pulling contracts, checking people into rentals all at the same time... in a shirt and tie. Since I was a summer intern, I didnt need to go to the gym since I would sweat all day long. Least to say it gets very very hectic. Sometimes management can get overwhelmed and take it out on you, or disappear when the branch is most busy.

Good luck.

Not for everyone

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Good training, fun environment, good culture, drive nice cars

Cons

long hours, washing cars, cold sometimes

NONE!