Epic Health Services

www.epichealthservices.com
  www.epichealthservices.com
There are newer employer reviews for Epic Health Services

RUN

Current Employee - LVN in San Antonio, TX (US)
Current Employee - LVN in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Epic Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You work on your own without any involvement from the office staff once hired.

Cons

Company only cares about $$. You will be a body in a spot, nothing more. Low pay, No benefits. Office staff snotty, fake. Nurses told they are the number one priority in the home setting. Not true, You will be sent into difficult situations and left to fend for yourself. High turnover.They will hire anyone, so if you value your reputation as a nurse, do not work here!

Take a look around you. If your nurses aren't happy, you will not have a company. You can be the "largest pediatric home health agency" all day long, but without quality, what does it matter? Train office staff in customer service, and people skills. The bottom line is not always the bottom line.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Epic Health Services (View Most Recent)

staff RN

Current Employee - Staff RN in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Epic Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with fragile children/families. Ability make a positive contribution to the quality of life for many who can not "speak for themselves" I have had the opportunity to work with some good well intended Epic employees who really care about children.

Cons

Cattle call for any nurse w/license. This company has become a #'s game... Claims to be the "fastest growing pediatric home care business in the state" but from my experience does not properly screen employees before hiring. In addition, I had a very poor orientation (nurse/and mom spoke over child telling "battle stories of 911 calls/visits to ER", filthy house, dog drank from toilet, jumped on bed w/vent patient.). There is no commitment for ongoing pediatric education/high standards for quality care. Nursing supervisors come and go thru a revolving door. Schedulers are overworked, lack training in pediatric diagnosis, and are responsible for nurse assignments.

Please take time to vet nurses, and invest in ongoing education to promote QUALITY pediatric care. Schedulers need to be proficient in basic pediatric dx/care and have compassionate communication skills in dealing w/ families/nurses. Improve communication w/ nurses. Spend less $ on recruitment.

It's overall been a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Private Duty Nurse in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Private Duty Nurse in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Epic Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the work itself. I do private duty nursing far medically fragile babies, toddlers, and children, as well as a few adults.caring for then is super rewarding. It's a challenge to make their lives as full and normal as possible, even when hooked to a vent and oxygen through their trach, and are mostly tube fed.I feel that I make a positive difference in their lives.

Cons

Being in a personal home setting can be difficult with some of the parents. And each family has their own dynamics and ways of doing things. But with time, everyone becomes more comfortable. The biggest con is if your client is hospitalized, you loose your shift for however long they are gone. It can seriously impact your budget.

Be truthful and faithful to the nurses who are super dependable, don't call in, and are willing to help out and cover other shifts when there's a need. Value the best nurses and treat them right.

There are newer employer reviews for Epic Health Services