There are newer employer reviews for Epsilon

Great place to grow and learn

Former Employee - Senior Director in Boston, MA (US)
Former Employee - Senior Director in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Epsilon

Pros

Very well managed firm, very good communication from top down, clear expectations about about what constitutes good performance and how to advance. Management has shown the willingness to move off of old strongly held positions on the direction the business is going and quickly adjust business strategies to meet the changing demands of the marketplace and the dynamics of the competitive landscape.

Cons

Firm is moving fast - creates some friction among teams that should be working more closely together.

Advice to Management

Take what's worked best within the legacy business and implement in newly acquired businesses, especially delivery disciplines.

reviews filtered by

There are better opportunities and benefits to be found elsewhere

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lafayette, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lafayette, CO (US)

I worked at Epsilon

Pros

Decent pay for performance. The people I worked with were great.

Cons

The best reasons left the building when Hellman & Friedman sold Abacus (where I worked) to Epsilon. Health benefits went downhill, Epsilon made us essentially reapply for jobs, sabbatical went away, outsourced HR means you're just a number. Most everyone I worked with has now left and found other jobs including myself.

Advice to Management

Brian Rainey's "We're always for sale" comment with regard to Abacus and it's pending sale to Epsilon really rings true - but what he didn't realize is his employees are always for sale too.

Mike Iaccarino's bed side manner could use some polish. He really came across as a weight lifting pirate to me.

Drastisch toegenomen nepotisme, politiek en rare technische keuzes. Drastically increased nepotism, politics, and nonsensical technology choices

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than 3 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Blootstelling aan veel verschillende technologieën, stabiele bedrijfsgroei, goede teamgenoeten en sfeer.

Exposure to a large array of differing technologies, stable company growth, mostly good teammates and camaraderie.

Cons

De baas komt van, en brengt al zijn vrienden van, een gefaalde internationale videoketting. Hij heeft geen ervaring met het runnen van een effectieve organisatie en dat is de cultuur geworden hier. Voor een bedrijf gebaseerd op technologie mist het infrastructuur waar management niks aan doet. Het verbaast me dat klanten de continue downtime blijven pikken. Projectmanagement staat in haar kinderschoenen en is alles behalve effectief.

The CIO is from, and bringing over all his friends from, a failed national video chain. There is no experience in running an effective organization at the top and it has become the culture there now. Rigid process is pushed (but not actually implemented) over good teams and culture. As a company based on technology, it lacks basic infrastructure that management will not address. I am surprised that large customers continually put up with the downtime caused by an inability to focus on the basic foundations needed to keep the lights on. Project management is in its infancy and completely overloaded, and thus not really effective.

Advice to Management

Ik krijg de indruk dat het management niet weet hoeveel er voor hun verborgen wordt. De arrogantie van de projectleiders is verbazingwekkend en de kosten van die beslissingen en toekomstige projecten is somber.

I get the distinct impression that upper management is unaware of how much is being hidden from them. The arrogance displayed by project leads is jaw-dropping at this level, and the actual costs of those decisions and future of major project suites is dismal.