Everest University Online

www.everestonline.edu
  www.everestonline.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Everest University Online

Salary good for supplemental money

I have been working at Everest University Online as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everest is always willing to listen to suggestions and make a constructive effort to implement them and/or try to figure out a way to achieve the same results.

Cons

As an instructor if you do not demand quality work from your students you can rest assure that the t students will not be successful at their endeavors in the employment arena.

Demand more from your instructors to ensure students are getting a quality education.

80 Other Employee Reviews for Everest University Online (View Most Recent)

Run ... run far away!

Former Employee - Student Finance Planner in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Student Finance Planner in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I worked at Everest University Online full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the people are nice, and the city of Colorado Springs is beautiful, as for anything else ...hmm....

Cons

I actually used to work for Everest Online University, and had one of the worst career experiences of my life. Just to differentiate, I am referring to the online part, and not any of the Everest ground campuses. I was a Student Finance Planner there for a couple months, and although training started off well enough, I soon learned that the staff don't care about the students (or the employees) like they claimed during training. My former team leader (initials R.F.) wasn't very nice, and they like to fire people without warning, and without just cause. Before I left, an entire department was let go suddenly, many of the people having only been hired a few weeks before.

There are also some very ego-driven individuals there who are corporate-minded, latter-climbing robots with very little individuality. I know this is typical human behavior, but please. Truly unprofessional stuff at Everest to the nth degree. This isn't to say that there aren't good people there, cause there are, but there are a lot of people with 'negative energy', which actually contradicts one of their foundational pillars. I wouldn't recommend attending or working for Everest for anything, and would direct people toward any other place. I'm so glad that I escaped this place, and am on a new career path. I pray that you also escape their greedy talons.

Guys, unplug from the corporate matrix, and learn to value your employees more. There is such a bad vibe around the place that you could almost cut and frame it. In addition, try to treat people like human begins and not robots. The way it's looking right now, as of this reckoning, you will not survive the competitive online university landscape when there as so many other places out there who value people more.

Keep students enrolled; don't let them drop

Former Employee - Student Services Coordinator in Tampa, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Student Services Coordinator in Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at Everest University Online full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation, unlimited overtime, Good benefits

Cons

Constantly working with a lot of online students who do not attempt to succeed in their classes, management doesn't accept the Everest Student, no room for growth/promotion

Leave your office, sit with an employee at their desk, and listen to the phone calls they have to experience on a daily basis

There are newer employer reviews for Everest University Online