Everest University Online

www.everestonline.edu
  www.everestonline.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Everest University Online

Salary good for supplemental money

I have been working at Everest University Online as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Everest is always willing to listen to suggestions and make a constructive effort to implement them and/or try to figure out a way to achieve the same results.

Cons

As an instructor if you do not demand quality work from your students you can rest assure that the t students will not be successful at their endeavors in the employment arena.

Demand more from your instructors to ensure students are getting a quality education.

79 Other Employee Reviews for Everest University Online (View Most Recent)

Run ... run far away!

Former Employee - Student Finance Planner  in  Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Student Finance Planner in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I worked at Everest University Online full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the people are nice, and the city of Colorado Springs is beautiful, as for anything else ...hmm....

Cons

I actually used to work for Everest Online University, and had one of the worst career experiences of my life. Just to differentiate, I am referring to the online part, and not any of the Everest ground campuses. I was a Student Finance Planner there for a couple months, and although training started off well enough, I soon learned that the staff don't care about the students (or the employees) like they claimed during training. My former team leader (initials R.F.) wasn't very nice, and they like to fire people without warning, and without just cause. Before I left, an entire department was let go suddenly, many of the people having only been hired a few weeks before.

There are also some very ego-driven individuals there who are corporate-minded, latter-climbing robots with very little individuality. I know this is typical human behavior, but please. Truly unprofessional stuff at Everest to the nth degree. This isn't to say that there aren't good people there, cause there are, but there are a lot of people with 'negative energy', which actually contradicts one of their foundational pillars. I wouldn't recommend attending or working for Everest for anything, and would direct people toward any other place. I'm so glad that I escaped this place, and am on a new career path. I pray that you also escape their greedy talons.

Guys, unplug from the corporate matrix, and learn to value your employees more. There is such a bad vibe around the place that you could almost cut and frame it. In addition, try to treat people like human begins and not robots. The way it's looking right now, as of this reckoning, you will not survive the competitive online university landscape when there as so many other places out there who value people more.

Needs to practice what they preach (

Former Employee - Student Services/Re-Entry  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Student Services/Re-Entry in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Everest University Online full-time for more than a year

Pros

(Tempe, AZ location) Cool coworkers, decent working environment, excellent benefits package, pay is usually fair.

Cons

Completely unethical. Company preaches "Pillars" that they stand on- accountability, responsiveness, etc- yet all of their business practices display the opposite. The entire company is simply motivated to appease the shareholders and each student is viewed as a dollar sign and not a human. They claim to be providing a quality education, but they are lying to students about the classes, expenses, loans etc- and unfortunately, their student population is not educated enough on the front end to see through the dog-and-pony show they put on until they are $20k in debt for a 2 year degree...

Stop working so hard to cover up unethical, shady behavior as a result of "driving numbers". Yes, this is a for-profit school, but your students are still HUMANS (as are your employees), and they deserve to be treated as such. Also, stop having each location run so differently. Learn from best practices and create a coherent standard practice that must be met at each location, together.

There are newer employer reviews for Everest University Online

Worked for Everest University Online? Contribute to the Community!