Everglades University
www.evergladesuniversity.edu Fort Lauderdale, FL

Is is possible to put 0 stars?

Boca Raton, FL (US)

I have been working at Everglades University full-time

ProsThis job is only good to use as a resume builder, if you need the experience stick it out for as long as you can tolerate, then use this experience to get a professional job that value their employees. My cons will explain why...

Cons-Very poorly managed, Corporate is located within an actual Campus and they mainly operate on the word called pride. Being on campus, they torture their employees all day, and I mean they literally have offices in the mix of campus employees and actually work amoungst them as if they are wanted there.
-Corporate people treat and talk to you as if you are not human beings, no respect is given. They are not professionals at all!
-They need much help in their training dept. as they do not properly train you, but yet expect perfection and slam you when you make a mistake.
-There is a revolving door for certain positions, at some point they need to realize that the problem can't always be everyone else.
-Many are secretly dying to get out of there but are stuck b/c they have began taking classes and will have to refund all of their tuition reimburstment (which is like ($80K) if they quit within a certain time frame. Do not attend school there!
-Make sure you get a job before quitting there and tell the prospective employer not to contact your current one due to conflict of intesrest. Reson being, they will not give you a good reference just b/c you are quitting them. Again, Did I mention how disrespectful, unprofessional & prideful their Corporate team is?

Advice to Senior Management-If there is a revolving door for certain positions, realize that the problem can't always be everyone else.
-Stop the unrealistic expectations- if you Provide excellent training then you will produce excellent workers!
-Stop talking to people like they are children, we are all adults here!

If I can find something nice to say, I'll say it, but don't count on it.

Admissions Counselor (Former Employee)

I worked at Everglades University full-time for less than a year

Pros: The money isn't bad, but other schools pay more. They have benefits, but my… Cons: Awful management. Really bad attitudes -- everyone is secretly looking for another job. And admissions is tough because no one really actually wants to pay… Advice to Senior Management: Get another job. I'm shocked you haven't been fired, because every job position there is a revolving door. It's not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

quag·mire ˈkwagˌmīr noun 1. a soft boggy area of land that gives way underfoot

I have been working at Everglades University full-time for more than a year

Pros: Working with great people who are passionate about what they… Cons: As the definition states above, a "quagmire"! Promises were made during initial interviews that simply just gave way underfoot. High turnover, poor work-life balance and… Advice to Senior Management: Start caring about your employees and offer them the training… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Everglades University.

Worked for Everglades University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Everglades University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Everglades University CEO Kristi L. Mollis. All reviews posted anonymously by Everglades University employees.