Everglades University

www.evergladesuniversity.edu
  www.evergladesuniversity.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Everglades University

Is is possible to put 0 stars?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I have been working at Everglades University full-time

Pros

This job is only good to use as a resume builder, if you need the experience stick it out for as long as you can tolerate, then use this experience to get a professional job that value their employees. My cons will explain why...

Cons

-Very poorly managed, Corporate is located within an actual Campus and they mainly operate on the word called pride. Being on campus, they torture their employees all day, and I mean they literally have offices in the mix of campus employees and actually work amoungst them as if they are wanted there.
-Corporate people treat and talk to you as if you are not human beings, no respect is given. They are not professionals at all!
-They need much help in their training dept. as they do not properly train you, but yet expect perfection and slam you when you make a mistake.
-There is a revolving door for certain positions, at some point they need to realize that the problem can't always be everyone else.
-Many are secretly dying to get out of there but are stuck b/c they have began taking classes and will have to refund all of their tuition reimburstment (which is like ($80K) if they quit within a certain time frame. Do not attend school there!
-Make sure you get a job before quitting there and tell the prospective employer not to contact your current one due to conflict of intesrest. Reson being, they will not give you a good reference just b/c you are quitting them. Again, Did I mention how disrespectful, unprofessional & prideful their Corporate team is?

-If there is a revolving door for certain positions, realize that the problem can't always be everyone else.
-Stop the unrealistic expectations- if you Provide excellent training then you will produce excellent workers!
-Stop talking to people like they are children, we are all adults here!

16 Other Employee Reviews for Everglades University (View Most Recent)

If I can find something nice to say, I'll say it, but don't count on it.

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor

I worked at Everglades University full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The money isn't bad, but other schools pay more. They have benefits, but my guess is that no one actually stays long enough to receive them, especially in admissions.

Cons

Awful management. Really bad attitudes -- everyone is secretly looking for another job. And admissions is tough because no one really actually wants to pay over 70k to go to that crappy school. The marketing is awful and the sales team - that's admissions - takes the heat for it. This is undoubtedly the worst work atmosphere I've ever worked in.

Get another job. I'm shocked you haven't been fired, because every job position there is a revolving door. It's not because no one can "handle" the job -- it's because no one wants to deal with how you treat them.

EU has innovative programs and caring staff and faculty.

Current Employee - Academics in Boca Raton, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Academics in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was in a job that was unfulfilling and I got a call from EU and was asked to help create a program in healthcare. Since that day my life has truly blossomed. I am blessed with a fulfilling and rewarding profession that has turned into a "calling" of sorts. Those very few folks who speak negatively about this school and its programs were probably only looking for a job and a paycheck. If they would have truly taken the time to know this school they would have discovered the following:

EU offers innovative programs that are new to education. The research has shown that these programs are in emerging fields of study that have high employment and earning potential and that help to make this world a better place!
    EU has graduated students who have successful careers in fields that they have dreamt about their whole lives.
    EU has a higher than average graduation rate and employment rate.
    EU is highly regarded in the academic world.
    EU faculty have academic, experiential, and soft skill preparation that rivals any similar school of its kind. EU’s faculty have longevity with the University and are among the happiest employees for over a decade.

I have received more thank you messages from students, staff, and faculty than any one person should be afforded! The reason is that EU changes lives and helps people reach their potential. If you want to be a part of this successful University and help offer the world an alternative to the same old, same old programs, come and see us. If you are a negative person looking for an easy job with no personal investment or commitment to our students, you need not apply.

Cons

The challenge of working at this University is that you have to care about more than yourself. You must care about the students, the staff you work with, and the environment. We need folks that want to help make the world a better place.

Please continue to study and add the programs that truly matter to our future. This means everything to those of us who want to be a part of something important, significant, and transformative… Great job EU, I’m proud to be here each and every day of the more than 10 years if have been associated with you!

There are newer employer reviews for Everglades University