Exelis
www.exelisinc.com McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

Smart people, prepare to work your butt off

Bowie, MD (US)

I have been working at Exelis

ProsRapid growth. Work alongside a diverse group of very bright people. Free information sharing and collaboration. Plenty of scientific disciplines to gain exposure to. Somewhat uncompetitive pay but very solid benefits package. They will hold all-hands meetings to recognize your hard work.

ConsSenior leadership overconfident in their expertise, thus making massive routine technical blunders. You will work stretches of overtime for months (perhaps indefinitely) compensating for their gaffes. You will live there and rarely see your family, but hey, free dinner!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't truly know how something works, get off your Ph.D. and leverage other talent that does.

Excellence is what this company strives for.

Transportation Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Exelis

Pros: ITT Exelis has some excellent benefits while working overseas. Insurance… Cons: Working overseas in Afghanistan is a drawback. Advice to Senior Management: Would wish that we were the Prime Contractor on LCIV/… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Imploding

Herndon, VA (US)

I have been working at Exelis

Pros: ITT Exelis Geospatial Systems (GS) makes extraordinary hardware for satellites… Cons: Wow,...where do I start? Lacks leadership and a moral compass, this has been exacerbated by the downturn in the economy and the looming federal budget cuts.… Advice to Senior Management: I am not sure if ITT Exelis Geospatial Systems can be saved. It would require a total replacement of the present "leadership" with real… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Exelis.

Worked for Exelis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Exelis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Exelis CEO David F. Melcher. All reviews posted anonymously by Exelis employees.