There are newer employer reviews for Expedia

Lots of Re-Organizations and Turnover

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

I worked at Expedia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Vacation benefits, medical, relaxed environment. The employees are friendly and have varied backgrounds.

Cons

From my experience it can be difficult to work for Expedia and not feel like a guest rather than an employee. Turnover seems to be massive at this company and a lot of people seem to leave at about the two-year mark. There are frequent senior leadership changes which causes attrition in the ranks. New leaders often end up re-organizing entire groups which forces some people out of
work. You can be very happy and well-suited to the job you were hired for and then suddenly come to work one day to find that you are on a new team with a different manager. This new team may have different expectations and work which you are not as suited for. I'd already been through a few re-orgs and then one day I came to work to find HR giving a few of us our walking papers due to yet another impending re-organization. They didn't give us the option of looking for other jobs internally, they simply took our badges and walked us out of the building which was very cold, in my opinion.

I've worked for many large companies and can honestly say that there are more re-organizations
and employee turnover at Expedia than i've ever seen. I understand that re-orgs are a part of corporate life, but this was ridiculous. Be aware of this for anyone re-locating from a long distance to join this company.

Compensate employees fairly so they do not turnover so often. Also, limit re-organizations which causes attrition. Some managers need to learn to keep work-life balance in check and also treat subordinates with respect and limit yelling or condescending behavior.

864 Other Employee Reviews for Expedia (View Most Recent)

Expedia is an awesome company to work!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA (US)

I have been working at Expedia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Live and Work balance is outstanding. Great compensation and lots of opportunities for growth.

Cons

Employees don't get awarded any stocks.

Start giving out stocks!

Fun company to be working with

I have been working at Expedia

Pros

It is a great company to be working with, selling a great product. It's a global organization with chances to travel. Works well for someone who loves to travel.

Cons

It is a huge organization and it is sometimes hard to get things rolling. Knowing the team and people around in the company is very important to achieve what is needed.

There are newer employer reviews for Expedia