ExxonMobil

www.exxonmobil.com

Great opportunities, high expectations

Supervisor (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGreat opportunities, both international and domestic. It is truly a global organization; no matter what your interests or abilities, there will be some place in the organization that is a fit. Because of the global scope of activities, there is an opportunity to gain exposure to an incredibly wide range of technologies and operations. Oh, and the compensation and benefits are outstanding.

ConsThe internal processes and controls can sometimes become overwhelming/frustrating (however, there are usually good reasons for most of them!). Because the organization is so very large, it can be difficult to identify who the right individuals are to address an issue or problem. And there is no internal "job postings" board; moves are worked between the employee and their supervisor.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on the fundamentals, but don't forget to reward and recognize individuals for a job well done - and be careful not to overload the staff.

It's okay for business

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA (US)

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros: Benefits, Experience, great opportunities to learn business negotiations and problem solving techniques. Sales allow for lots of travel, with good expense support. If… Cons: Large bureacracy w/ relatively little flexibility and large amount of conytol processes. The company is great for assigning the first two entry positions, but… Advice to Senior Management: Seek feedback directly from employees, especially in areas of controls and support tools. Most of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Welcome to the good life

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros: the long term strategy for exxon has provided continual growth opportunities for employees. The benefits package is the best I have ever seen and the… Cons: very conservative company that lacks innovation. The company is… Advice to Senior Management: keep on truckin Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ExxonMobil.

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!