There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil

It was a challenging, fun, and rewarding experience.

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Macedon, NY (US)
Former Employee - Summer Intern in Macedon, NY (US)

I worked at ExxonMobil

Pros

I was able to ask for help whenever I needed it. Everyone in my division was really friendly and competent in their work. Also, managers made sure that I met every important visitor. They even took me and the other intern to a baseball game, a plant, and a couple extravagant dinners.

Cons

You are given a lot of work and expected to do a good job. This is good for some people and bad for others. In other words, the work load is not for everyone.

A lot of managers are constantly moving from division to division to advance their career. I would say they should extend their stays at each division.

676 Other Employee Reviews for ExxonMobil (View Most Recent)

great experience, excellent company and abiltity to run multi million dollar buisness like its your own

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

great company
    Able to run multi million dollar buisness as though its your own
    Able to manage 70+ employees
    flexibility with schedule

Cons

pomotions are extreeeeemly bias
    if you cant play the game...... dont expect to win
    performance is not everything
    only as happy as the relationship with your OM and his styly of management

stop being so bias
    rank me based on my performance and leadership

Great compensation, weak career development.

Former Employee - Automotive Lubricants & Specialties in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Automotive Lubricants & Specialties in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at ExxonMobil

Pros

Compensation is amazing. You will not be able to find another job in any other field (given commensurate experience) that will compensate you as well as XOM will. Their 401k match is unheard of and in an uncertain economic environment, offering a pension is unthought of. However, XOM proudly offers a pension program for it's employees.

Whenever a relocation is involved XOM will provide more than adequate funds to do so. If a relocation is required while within in the company, it is absolutely impossible to take a loss on selling your home.

Cons

ExxonMobil's company culture is the more conservative than anything I had imagined. While management advertises a good balance between work and personal life, the successful employees at the company do not have a personal life.

Career development is too "old-school". You're ranked among peers and promotions are decided by a closed door committee. Job openings are not announced within in the company until they have been filled.

Working for the company requires you to move every 3-5 years to take a new position. While it's possible to stay in the same position and location, doing so will hinder your ability for increased compensation.

There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil