Best place to work in Santa Barbara

Former Employee - Finance  in  Santa Barbara, CA (US)
Former Employee - Finance in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I worked at FLIR

Pros

Great group of people. Interesting products and markets.

Cons

Different cultures between the different sites sometimes conflict.

The company is pretty well run.

Other Reviews for FLIR

On the Fence...Like my work, Interesting Products, Bright Future, but Stock holders and upper management come first!

I have been working at FLIR full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Interesting Products, Challenging but enjoyable Work Environment, Low key workplace, Work/life balance is good. Hands on Employees are very talented, Most employees are great to work with.

Cons

Same problems year after year. Ineffective Manager/ Directors, Poor Communication & Planning, Understaffed and overburdened. Few opportunities for growth, small raises and bonuses unless you are upper management. Every quarter is a struggle, but we make revenue. Upfront work, Quality and Reliability is not a priority. Healthcare costs are high for such a large pool of employees.

Level the playing field and treat employees fairly and the result will be amazing. You know the main problems, Fix them please.

Great people and exciting products. Talented, focused and intelligent management team.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilsonville, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR (US)

I have been working at FLIR full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

FLIR has excellent benefits and pays the lions share of the cost. The company matches 50% of my 401(k) contributions, which really adds up. We have a bonus plan that has paid out every year but one. We get 20 days of PTO per year plus 10 holidays.

The products are the most interesting of any company I have ever worked for and employees really get excited about working on our technology.

Cons

There are no visible employee training and development programs. Management is often too busy or uninterested in learning about how employees like their jobs. Our new CEO has begun communicating much more often to employees, but many people still feel left out of what's going on in the company. The management team is somewhat isolated and doesn't interact with a lot of employees.

I would like to see more interaction between managers, directors and VPs with the executive management.

There are newer employer reviews for FLIR.

Worked for FLIR? Contribute to the Community!