There are newer employer reviews for FLIR

Best place to work in Santa Barbara

Former Employee - Finance in Santa Barbara, CA (US)
Former Employee - Finance in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I worked at FLIR

Pros

Great group of people. Interesting products and markets.

Cons

Different cultures between the different sites sometimes conflict.

The company is pretty well run.

40 Other Employee Reviews for FLIR (View Most Recent)

Fast paced challenging environment but beware, you leave work/life balance behind

I have been working at FLIR full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Total company vision from CEO is excellent. Great products and innovation will keep the company growing! Pay is competitive with market.

Cons

With quick changes come challenges supporting the business and uncertainty in what will happen next. Communication of vision is not making it into day to day "running the business" challenges. Everywhere staffing is not at the right level to support the growth, Doing more with less is the common phrase. The Company is focused on stock market results and not it's employees growth or supporting it's employees as it adds more work. Temps or salaried OT seem to be the preference over full time hires to growth support.

Hire the right people, have professional development plans and set reasonable goals for the teams. Put the same amount of work into the management of the company as is being done with the development of the next product.

Great people and exciting products. Talented, focused and intelligent management team.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR (US)

I have been working at FLIR full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

FLIR has excellent benefits and pays the lions share of the cost. The company matches 50% of my 401(k) contributions, which really adds up. We have a bonus plan that has paid out every year but one. We get 20 days of PTO per year plus 10 holidays.

The products are the most interesting of any company I have ever worked for and employees really get excited about working on our technology.

Cons

There are no visible employee training and development programs. Management is often too busy or uninterested in learning about how employees like their jobs. Our new CEO has begun communicating much more often to employees, but many people still feel left out of what's going on in the company. The management team is somewhat isolated and doesn't interact with a lot of employees.

I would like to see more interaction between managers, directors and VPs with the executive management.

There are newer employer reviews for FLIR