Facebook

www.facebook.com
  www.facebook.com
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Learn to swim or you will sink

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Palo Alto, CA (US)
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

My coworkers are the smartest people I have ever worked with. They love their jobs and they work hard. But they keep a balance in their lives.

Also, the management team is a group of good human beings. They really want to harness the power of what they've created to accomplish something they believe in. They know that if people across the globe can connect - good things will happen. And they have.

Cons

It can feel very chaotic, fly by the seat of your pants, always on the go. It's growing so quickly it's hard to tell who owns what project etc.

836 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

Best. Job. Ever.

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

What I love most about working at Facebook:

- The people. I get to work with some of the most talented and passionate people in the world.
    - The culture. I love the fact that we get to take big risks and 'move fast and break things'. It's very empowering.
    - Impact. All my friends and family use Facebook (+800M people around the world), so it's great to know that people I care about love to use the product that I'm a part of.
    - The culinary team. best. food. ever.

Cons

- growing so fast makes it so you don't know everyone at the company anymore, but that's just a product of rapid growth and hiring enough people to sustain and grow the business.

- thank you for sticking with the mission and keeping the company open and transparent. Please keep this up as we continue to grow.

Facebook is an excellent company to work for.

Current Employee - Corporate Communications
    Current Employee - Corporate Communications

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Facebook offers employees a workplace that is both fulfilling and enjoyable. We're empowered, at all levels of the company, to take charge of our own work and make decisions on our own. Additionally, senior management is working to make this a company for the long-term. It shows in the way that they operate, in their efforts to bring on amazingly smart people, and in their decisions for compensation.

Cons

The management of Facebook believes in keeping us small and lean. It allows each of us the ability to own huge projects and make a real impact, but it also means that everyone is extremely busy. Although the company has put in place great ways to keep work/life balance such as 4 weeks of PTO, unlimited sick days, and flexible hours, it can be tough to break away.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook