Facebook
www.facebook.com Menlo Park, CA 5000+ Employees

A good way to jumpstart your career

Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

ProsFacebook has a lot of awesome people working there to solve interesting problems at scale. They have over a billion active users a month and a lot of smart engineers working to keep their software great. The benefits and pay are obviously great, and since it's a well-known company it's a good place to start if you're looking to get recognized at other tech companies and startups.

ConsIf you're looking to solve "new" problems and build new things, Facebook is probably not the ideal place for you. They occasionally work on new features but a lot of work is put into improving or rehashing what they currently have. This is what I spent most of my time on while I was there. It was still pretty fun though.

Facebook sometimes claims to be startup, but it's not in most aspects the average software engineer would be concerned with. While engineers do have access to a lot of information and code, the company is too big for one person to have a major impact on product or engineering decisions.

Awesome place to work!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros: Everyone in this company has incredible energy and passion for what they do. You get to work with some really smart people without any of… Cons: At 37, I'm one of the old guys. Advice to Senior Management: It will be a challenge to keep things the way… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

OK, but not as extraordinary as advertised

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros: - No need to explain to family or friends what your company does - No guilt in being obsessed with the… Cons: - Lots of land grabbing and empire building. - Engineers have very little… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees.