FedEx Office

www.fedexoffice.com
  www.fedexoffice.com
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

Retail with printing services...

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chesapeake, VA (US)
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chesapeake, VA (US)

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Health insurance
Having the ability of learning how to produce digital projects using Adobe software.
The accomplished feeling when you genuinely help a customer in need.

Cons

Staffing, this company can't keep talent employed because we can't pay them enough for what is expected of them to do. Being stretched to thin while still having the expectation of management to provide the "best" customer service. Learning curve for new hires is far to great.

Get rid of "product of the month". Forcing employees to "sell sell sell" makes for some awkward interactions with customers. We can never match the prowess of Staples or Office Max's retail sections. We need to get back to our core business which is printing. Also stop wasting money by enforcing us to do a "clean and bright" but months done the road completely change it by the "clean sweep". We've wasted payroll dollars by having us change the labels and the cost of label holders needed to do said changes. Most people still don't realize that we were once Kinkos and that we have all the same services plus more. People just don't understand what FedEx Office is, they think it is literally a FedEx office call center for all things FedEx.

702 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office (View Most Recent)

FedEx Office is a horrible place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Portland, ME (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Portland, ME (US)

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

it's a job with benefits

Cons

I think FedEx is a horrible company to work for. They only care about their profit margins and thats the bottom line. They consistently keep their stores under staffed so they don't have to pay as much. If you work in the evenings better be prepared to stay late. You can plan on being stuck there till everything is done for the morning. You also should be prepared to say Yes We Can to anything a customer might want even if you know it is not humanly possible and you don't have the equipment to do it. They also try to put so much pressure on you that you will be incredibly scared to use little if any sick time. This leads to often going to work sick and spreading sickness to customers.
     They also are on a kick of hiring less educated people so they can start them off at lower wages. I think this is very exploitive and cruel. Anyway, I hope this helps some people out there. If anyone had a good experience working with FedEx than good for you! Maybe the company is different in other places.

Treat your employees like human beings instead of corporate robots.

"Work harder and take on more responsibility than you can handle, for no additional pay, or you're FIRED!"

Current Employee - Whatever They're Calling Me Now
    Current Employee - Whatever They're Calling Me Now

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Embarrassingly high turnover rate makes it easy to land a job.

Cons

Your co-workers are constantly quitting, while management drags its feet and hires one new employee for every two lost. You will ALWAYS be working in a store that is grossly understaffed, hope you like dealing with lines of angry customers!

The company has also gone out of its way to reduce the upward mobility of its workers by eliminating most of its specialized job titles. The duties previously assigned to these specialists have been divided and assigned to the regular workers. These workers are not being compensated, in any way, for all of the new duties and responsibilities being assigned to them. I was told, however, that if I didn't like working harder for no extra pay, I could just leave. So there you go.

The amount of anti-union propaganda that litters the offices and break rooms is truly hilarious, and makes it painfully obvious that corporate is very concerned with it's growing mass of dissatisfied employees.

At Fedex Office, you can expect regular visits from corporate. As though the job isn't hard enough, you'll also have to deal with some suit breathing down your neck, all day, questioning everything you do right in front of your customers.

As just a team member, you aren't technically working in a "sales" position. If you don't constantly try to convince customers to purchase awful greeting cards or overpriced flash drives, however, you'll be harassed on a regular basis by management. Its not a sales position, but you better sell or else!

Awful company, unfair policies, and horrible pay. Welcome to Fedex Office.

Advice to Management? None, they seem to be doing great for themselves. It's just "peons" that are suffering here.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office