There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

Retail with printing services...

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chesapeake, VA (US)
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chesapeake, VA (US)

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Health insurance
Having the ability of learning how to produce digital projects using Adobe software.
The accomplished feeling when you genuinely help a customer in need.

Cons

Staffing, this company can't keep talent employed because we can't pay them enough for what is expected of them to do. Being stretched to thin while still having the expectation of management to provide the "best" customer service. Learning curve for new hires is far to great.

Get rid of "product of the month". Forcing employees to "sell sell sell" makes for some awkward interactions with customers. We can never match the prowess of Staples or Office Max's retail sections. We need to get back to our core business which is printing. Also stop wasting money by enforcing us to do a "clean and bright" but months done the road completely change it by the "clean sweep". We've wasted payroll dollars by having us change the labels and the cost of label holders needed to do said changes. Most people still don't realize that we were once Kinkos and that we have all the same services plus more. People just don't understand what FedEx Office is, they think it is literally a FedEx office call center for all things FedEx.

674 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office (View Most Recent)

"Work harder and take on more responsibility than you can handle, for no additional pay, or you're FIRED!"

Current Employee - Whatever They're Calling Me Now
    Current Employee - Whatever They're Calling Me Now

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Embarrassingly high turnover rate makes it easy to land a job.

Cons

Your co-workers are constantly quitting, while management drags its feet and hires one new employee for every two lost. You will ALWAYS be working in a store that is grossly understaffed, hope you like dealing with lines of angry customers!

The company has also gone out of its way to reduce the upward mobility of its workers by eliminating most of its specialized job titles. The duties previously assigned to these specialists have been divided and assigned to the regular workers. These workers are not being compensated, in any way, for all of the new duties and responsibilities being assigned to them. I was told, however, that if I didn't like working harder for no extra pay, I could just leave. So there you go.

The amount of anti-union propaganda that litters the offices and break rooms is truly hilarious, and makes it painfully obvious that corporate is very concerned with it's growing mass of dissatisfied employees.

At Fedex Office, you can expect regular visits from corporate. As though the job isn't hard enough, you'll also have to deal with some suit breathing down your neck, all day, questioning everything you do right in front of your customers.

As just a team member, you aren't technically working in a "sales" position. If you don't constantly try to convince customers to purchase awful greeting cards or overpriced flash drives, however, you'll be harassed on a regular basis by management. Its not a sales position, but you better sell or else!

Awful company, unfair policies, and horrible pay. Welcome to Fedex Office.

Advice to Management? None, they seem to be doing great for themselves. It's just "peons" that are suffering here.

7 years of committed service for what?

Current Employee - Center Manager, Tier II in North Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Center Manager, Tier II in North Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits
    401K Matching - up to 5%
    Lots of sick & vacation time with tenure

Cons

Constant change from corporate office, just when you finish the first round of needless tasks they change it again and you're forced to re-do your work.

Constant pressure & threats from upper management.

Managers are expected to run stores 7 days per week open as late as 11pm with only themselves plus 3 team members (or less!). Imagine long lines and angry customers with you, the only team member on staff, responsible for *FedEx Shipping *Print Consultation *Helping customers in the self service area *Stocking and ordering retail items (yes we have to punch in a SKU for every item we need to order in our ordering system - all manual labor This includes inventory, I hope you know how to tally and use a calculator to count 25K + worth of inventory) and much much more.

You work alone for most of your career if you're in a Tier 3 center, which means opening and closing the store alone.

Payroll is getting cut more and more as the company tries to become profitable. They're undercutting themselves from the bottom up. The less payroll in the centers, the less customers we can get through our doors, they can't continue to expect people to run themselves ragged to only be beat up by upper management because one of the 50 metrics we follow are behind.

There is no such thing as training anymore, we get no extra payroll to ensure a Team Member is trained effectively before dumping them onto the sales floor to give poor customer service. It takes up to a year to get someone trained on all of the equipment and procedures but by then they're ready to quit.

No one can have time off because every single store is short staffed. There is no help to be given so managers are forced to work off the clock or work overtime that will affect their stores controllable profit. Salaried managers are working more than 60 hours per week in most cases.

I have received very little recognition from upper management. The store I have recently taken over was failing previous to my arrival. Since I have been there it's been a complete 360. We're now in our 7th month in a row above our sales plan yet I've heard nothing.

On a number of occasions I have heard our HR Generalist say "If you don't like working here, then don't let the door hit you on the way out" they aren't here to help anyone but the legal team!

Stop strangling yourselves by taking away Payroll from OPS.
    Re-visit the open door policy with DM's
    PSP is supposed to mean People Service Profit.... You are not treating your people very well and that's the first part!

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office