There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

401(k) specialist

I worked at Fidelity Investments

Pros

Consistent. You know what you'll be doing the next day for the most part. Cool building. People know where you work when you tell them the company's name. Great gym inside the building.

Cons

Boring once you get past the learning curve which takes only about a few weeks. Work you like a dog and you get no where. Very bureaucratic with a lot of people happy with status quo.

Try to leverage everyone's talent and don't just do things because that's the company 'policy'.

1867 Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments (View Most Recent)

Great place to start your career in the financial services industry.

Former Employee - Financial Representative in Merrimack, NH (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Representative in Merrimack, NH (US)

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Quality work environment. Good opportunities after 1 year. Fidelity invests time ad money into their employees and has our best interest in mind.

Cons

Minimal starting pay. Does take a full year to start to see other doors open up. Work hard everyday and things will pan out.

Increase salaries entry level positions

Overall, satisfied

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Westlake, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Westlake, TX (US)

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Time allotted for personal training and improvement
    Innovation encouraged
    Flexible as regards working from home, coming in late/leaving early if something comes up
    Reasonable deadlines... I do not generally need to work much beyond the standard 9-5 type hours to meet my deliverables

Cons

Salaries err on low side of competitive

You may end up on a team where none of the pros apply, especially the last one. Look to join a development team attached to a specific business function, rather than something like their Corporate Technology Group (which manages various services shared across the enterprise)... the "closer to the money" you are, the more you will be looked after.

Take a look at the disparity in quality between the different technology organizations

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments