Fidelity Investments

www.fidelity.com
  www.fidelity.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

It was a good ride while it lasted

Former Employee - Director, Architecture in Boston, MA (US)
Former Employee - Director, Architecture in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

High bonus percentages. Private shares. Good salary. Good medical benefits. Large retirement contributions.

Cons

Overly political environments. Highly matrixed organization.

Remember your people are your greatest assets, treat them accordingly.

1909 Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments (View Most Recent)

Learn valuable concepts, but no long term career path.

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Profit sharing plan and insurance is amazing.

Cons

Pay sucks. Managers are horrible. The management sees employees as replaceable (even those that exceed expectations). It's all about how many calls you can answer. They literally schedule your pee breaks. It's ridiculous. Unless you are in an investment center or in Boston, your career will go no where!

Great Co-Workers and Growth Potential

Current Employee - College Planning Specialist in American Fork, UT (US)
    Current Employee - College Planning Specialist in American Fork, UT (US)

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- My co-workers are amazing people. Everyone is very friendly, outgoing, and generally positive. I look forward to seeing them every day and miss them on the weekends!
    - The training is bar none. They give you extensive training to pass the Series 7 and 63 exams, making it almost impossible for you to fail, and every new skill set you master is accompanied by at least a week of intense training.
    - The work environment is very pleasant. My desk is very spacious, the break rooms are well stocked, and we have huge windows with views of the mountains.
    - If you're willing to work hard and network with people, the growth potential for your career at Fidelity is unlimited.

Cons

- The pay is less than it should be. Considering the complexity and responsibility on our shoulders with all the regulations and rules, we should be paid much more than we are.
    - Some managers exhibit favoritism towards employees who are clearly incompetent at their jobs but are likable people.
    - The micromanaging of your schedule is obnoxious, but it's pretty standard in a call center environment.

Pay your phone reps more money! We work our butts off to take care of the customers who are not always very pleasant, and we should be fairly compensated.

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments