HSE Manager

Current Employee - HSE Manager
Current Employee - HSE Manager

I have been working at Fluor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fluor provides a variety of opportunities to experience different work environments around the globe.

Cons

A large corporation and you can sometimes get lost in the crowd.

Continue to improve inter-company networking tools. The current initiatives are great.

Other Reviews for Fluor

Procurement, Strategic Sourcing

Former Employee - Senior Manager, Procurement  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager, Procurement in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Fluor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It has plenty of project work.

Cons

My experience was that the current global procurement organizaton was promoting individuals based on their ethnicity. I can say it because I am of Asian descent. My husband was caucasian so he was told by his supervisor he did not the certain ethinic that the company was currently looking for. Also it seemed it was easier for a women to get accepted in the Global Business Leadership Team than a man. Again this was my experience.

The CEO needs to be inform of this.

MCS1 - OCN - Tier4, FOB Salerno, Afghanistan

Former Employee - Materials Control Specialist I  in  Khowst (Afghanistan)
    Former Employee - Materials Control Specialist I in Khowst (Afghanistan)

I worked at Fluor as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

R&R bonuses and duration.
    Nothing else.

Please note this applies only on Afghanistan section and not the Fluor in general.

Cons

Bad management who came on the position through "whom do you know rather than how qualified are you" method.
    Poor organization in general, lack of business support on the FOBs, poor training and development, poor safety culture and standards.
    No advancement opportunities... for OCNs especially.
    OCNs in general have less rights than expats: no cellphone, no computer, no gym, 3 times lower salary, general discrimination by management, etc.
    But most important... extremely low recruiting standards!
    Here's my experience: My recruiter on the interview asked me only two questions: "How was your trip?" and "Do you have any questions?". There were people who did not understood a simplest sentence in English and they were still hired! Only one guy who did not understood the question: "When were you born?" was rejected (1 out of 30). Also people who lied everything but their name in the resume were hired! How can former manual laborer with no English skills whatsoever and no work experience with computers can be hired as a Senior MCS?
    Recruiters hired low quality workforce for high demanding positions and that caused majority of the problems.
    The "open door" policy here means if you don't like it the doors are always open for you to leave!

Resign and take your recruiters with you. That's where all your problem started!

There are newer employer reviews for Fluor.

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!