There are newer employer reviews for GENTLE DENTAL

Best place to work......

Current Employee - Manager in Methuen, MA (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Methuen, MA (US)

I have been working at GENTLE DENTAL full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked for this company 13 years ago and came back because no other office I worked for came close to the great support, understanding,and caring of not only its employees but they truly do put the care of there patients above all.

Cons

I can honestly say the only Con is I wish I was a little closer to home....

If you have any questions at all help is just a phone call away, the support they have in place is amazing. Help is just a phone call away...

4 Other Employee Reviews for GENTLE DENTAL (View Most Recent)

Horrible unimaginable Dental chain! BEWARE AND STAY AWAY FOR THE GOOD OF YOUR HEALTH!!!

Former Employee - Dental Assistant Extern in Portland, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant Extern in Portland, OR (US)

I worked at GENTLE DENTAL as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It's fast paced so I learned a lot in a short time.

Cons

I had to give one star but only because I had to at least choose one star.
    I was tortured at Gentle Dental!!
    I did my externship at one of the Portland Oregon area Gentle Dental offices and it was the worst experience I ever had, not only was I abused by the staff, they seemed to enjoy ganging up on me and tearing into me for no good reason, once I was yelled at and verbally abused for seating a patient when I was told to do so by one staff member and the person training me and another staff both jumped down my throat for seating the patient, she seemed to be put out that I arrested the patient For her and come to find out she was trying to get rid of me because she had recently been fired when the doctor she assisted fired her and hired the extern agree had trained. So she felt I was going to take her job because the doctor she assisted asked to have me brought on their team because he liked how fast I was learning and my work ethics, so she yelled at me for things like doing my job and following infection control protocols by wiping when things fully that had been contaminated and trying to help by organizing messy rooms. She even made me work thru my lunch breaks and many days I didn't get have lun v h, stunned days were over 12 hours, it got so bad I developed hypoglycemia and anxiety attacks and would cry in the bathroom and when I left to go home almost daily! I tried to get help from the manager and the doctor but the manager told me" that's just the way she is, she is that way with me sometimes to", I couldn't believe the lack of concern for my well-being. And when it finally took its toll on my health after 2 and a half months I could only do half days due to not knowing that I had developed hypoglycemia and having to see a doctor and go to the hospital, I asked the manager for a week to figure out what was wrong thru my doctor and she said no problem and half days would be just fine since I was a extern and not a staff member, but she lied to my face, and told Another staff that I had to go Before they fit sued, made out worse I told another staff that I wasnt getting any lunch breaks, so they called my college extern coordinator and told her to not have me come back. All my progress reports while I was there
    Showed that I was doing amazing and exceeding expectations and learning fast, so my coordinator was upset that they treated me that way! Then after I graduated one of their other offices had an ad for hire and I did An interview thinking all the offices couldn't be liked that and I would not have that issues again, but I was wrong. I was again doing awesome and the moment the staff At the other office find out I was working at one of they offices they played a nasty have of politics and fired me, they said out wad because I didn't tell them I worked for them before but I did and the manager that hired me had quit and she was supposed to call my college extern coordinator and ask questions but she didn't and they blamed me. I am disgusted with gentle dental and also would never get care there mainly because of the dirty infection control practices I witnessed quite I was there, they would wipe of bloody items And put them back in With Sterile items, I am amazed they haven't been sued for spreading diseases!!! They also only care about meeting their Quota fur the month and getting patients in and out as fast as they can to make more money, they don't show real care for patients, they don't take their time like other quality practices do, they want to see as many patients as possible In one day! Horrible just Horrible!!
    STEER CLEAR OF ASK GENTLE DENTAL OFFICES!!!

Fire all office management and shady staff and hire new ones, better yet close down.

GENTLE DENTAL Response

Oct 28, 2014VP of Operations

Hello, we always appreciate feedback from all sources, and try to resolve any issues. We are Gentle Dental of New England and are unrelated to any Gentle Dental practices outside of Massachusetts ... More

Do NOT work here

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at GENTLE DENTAL full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The things I liked about working here were the actual colleagues that happened to be employed at the same time. Their professionalism and skills are what give Gentle Dental a good name.

Cons

The challenges of working for this company were most specifically the Director of my specific location as well as the corporate headquarters. They really only care about bringing more money in as opposed to caring for their patients. Employees are not treated fairly, not compensated fairly and do not have support from headquarters in terms of safety. There are live and dead cockroaches in gloves boxes and there was minimal to no effort made to change the location or system of going into the creepy basement with a man living there in order to turn off the compressor at 9pm.

The work to life balance was ok for me because it was dependent on my specific Dentist's schedule and she was very fair. However, the compensation for your workers (paying less than minimum wage or adding additional tasks not under the job description for no additional compensation) is abhorrent. The work environment was unsafe, dirty and stressful every day. Taking your patients needs as well as your employees needs into consideration would make for more profit in the long run.

There are newer employer reviews for GENTLE DENTAL