There are newer employer reviews for GFI Informatique

Décevant Disappointed review

Current Employee - Chef de projet  in  Toulouse (France)
Current Employee - Chef de projet in Toulouse (France)

I have been working at GFI Informatique

(Translated from English)

Pros

C'est une entreprise très conservatrice avec des gens très sympathiques et parfois, des projets intéressants. Excellent endroit si vous ne voulez pas vous investir trop dans votre travail.

It is a very conservative company with sympathetic people and sometimes, some interesting projects. Great place if you don't want too invest too much in your day work.

Cons

Le travail est fait avec une attitude très conservatrice. Les décisions ne sont prises que quand le risque a disparu et qu'il est presque toujours trop tard.
Les projets sont gâchés par des gens incompétents qui sont en charge.

The business is done with a very conservative attitude. Decisions are taken only when the risk has disappeared, that is almost always too late.
The great projects are spoiled by incompetent people that are in charge.

Le management devrait prendre un meilleur soin de ses employés, et récompenser en fonction des efforts, sans se limiter aux vendeurs

The management should take a greater care of the employees, and truely reward according to the effort, not only the sales persons.

14 Other Employee Reviews for GFI Informatique (View Most Recent)

Could be better

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Paris (France)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Paris (France)

I have been working at GFI Informatique

Pros

My job is closed to my home

Cons

There is no feedback
    There is no communication

more communication
    more money
    more formation

Bad management and even worse internal procedures. Average salary and benefits for a contracting company.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Valbonne (France)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Valbonne (France)

I worked at GFI Informatique full-time for more than a year

Pros

- average salary and benefits
    - good CE (but it couldn't be the case anymore since a few months)
    - good language courses in the package

Cons

- Very bad experience with holidays and internal procedures: the rules (I unfortunately discovered late) say "90+ days notice for standard leaves, 7+ days notice for RTT days and up to 30 days after the request to get a positive or negative feedback". You can't basically get days off the first year without a "proper justification".
    - For a 5 days leave I had to wait 3 weeks for a feedback...
    - I also got rejected (after 40 days!) 8 days of unpaid leave for unofficial healthcare reasons, even though I had the approval of the client, I provided a plan of using them in the following 3 months.

- improve day by day communication with employees
    - consider relaxing the 90+ days notice constraint for holidays
    - consider allowing the use of holidays as soon as they are accumulated, without any sort of "justification"
    - consider discussing with employees before rejecting few unpaid leaves if justified and approved by the client

There are newer employer reviews for GFI Informatique

Worked for GFI Informatique? Contribute to the Community!