GameStop

Working for Gamestop

Buyer (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at GameStop

ProsOffer flexible schedule. Opportunities to advance. Good benefits. Employee discount plan is really good. Interesting product to sell. Good co-workers.

ConsPoor communication from management at times. Lack of recognition for a job well done often. Pay not on par with similar jobs at other companies

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember to thank your employees when they are doing a good job. Increase pay levels for all employees. Loosen labor budget to lower stress levels of management team members.

Starts Out Fun, But Goes Downhill Pretty Fast

Game Advisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at GameStop

Pros: Pretty flexible with my school schedule. Not an incredibly demanding job if you are good at sales. The discounts on games are nice if you are a… Cons: There are never enough man hours to keep the store clean as well as effectively serve all of the customers that come through the doors. There… Advice to Senior Management: Please make your employees a priority. We are under appreciated and overworked, but we are the ones on the front lines making your company… More

Overall..fun experience

Game Advisor (Former Employee)
Laurel, MD (US)

I worked at GameStop

Pros: Working at GameStop has some great pluses: -Obviously working with video games -Driving… Cons: And...the minuses- -District Managers are irrational -Older customers become unruly -Emphasis on numbers--reserves and subs -Rule for not… Advice to Senior Management: Try not to treat your Game Advisors like they are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on GameStop.

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GameStop reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GameStop CEO J. Paul Raines. All reviews posted anonymously by GameStop employees.