There are newer employer reviews for Gardner Denver

Gardner Denver Thomas historically has been a pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI (US)

I have been working at Gardner Denver

Pros

It was well known that GDT was a leader in its field and has been a nice place to work over the years. The workforce has historically been very, very stable. That showed that GDT was indeed a good place to work. Management gave employees support in medical emergencies.

Cons

No employee wellness program to speak of. Also, there was no formal training programs until recently.

Advice to Management

Training programs for sales personnel and for mid-level and upper management would benefit the company.I would also establish an employee wellness program.

reviews filtered by

Great company to work for.

I have been working at Gardner Denver full-time

Pros

Gardner Denver has a good culture that fosters a team work environment. Management tends to stay off your back if you're getting you're work done. I haven't been micromanaged and receive good feed back on what I'm doing right and what I can get better at. The work life balance is the best I've seen compared to other places I've worked and am aware of through friends and family. The company provides ample vacation days as well as holidays.

Cons

Pay isn't bad, but I know they could do better. There are only a few communication gaps in operations, but the good news is I see ,and am a part of, these gaps closing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. A company with many opportunities

I have been working at Gardner Denver (More than 5 years)

Pros

A great place to get to know the oil and gas industry. If you work hard and get along with management, you will have a successful career.

Cons

You are in a market that has ups and downs. This could create stress in a person who does not deal with change easily.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the employees that are positive and willing to go the extra mile.