Gartner

www.gartner.com

Great vision, superb execution

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Stamford, CT (US)

ProsThis company is run like a fine-tuned watch. From vision to process to measurement to tuning/revising strategy -- the management team is superb at identifying opportunities, sharpening its focus and deploying resources to capitalize on opportunities.

ConsIt can get a bit too "mechanical" and too process centric. It is not a major problem yet, but there is an element of art in the research, marketing and sales process -- not just pure process efficiency. The formula for success is superb process focus plus great talent. Process alone cannot make average performers successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture and collaboration of the senior management team permeates the entire organization. It is a VERY healthy culture -- collaborative, rewarding, immediate feedback, constructive. Remain accessible and proactive. It is harder to do as a $2B firm than a $1B firm but it is critical -- and motivating to the rank and file.

I truly love my job.

Manager (Current Employee) Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at Gartner full-time for more than a year

Pros: Smart people, good pay/benefits, strong leadership. Quick promotion of… Cons: Lack of structured career development. You must be somewhat… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. You run a great… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company with Huge Market Opportunity

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Gartner full-time

Pros: - Very smart and sales friendly analysts and consultants - Strong brand recognition in the market - Most… Cons: You will need to define and create your own career path. This… Advice to Senior Management: Great run company Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Gartner.

Worked for Gartner? Contribute to the Community!