Generac's Management blows major chunks

Current Employee - Dealer Acquisitions in Whitewater, WI (US)
Current Employee - Dealer Acquisitions in Whitewater, WI (US)

I have been working at Generac Power Systems

Pros

The best reason to work at Generac is if you are interested in the generator market and need experience.

Cons

Management doesn't know anything. They can't communicate to save their lives. We learn about job critical information a day before the public does. We, the employees, have to constantly make excuses for upper management. I don't think management isn't from the same planet as the rest of us. Turn over in our department is more than 50%. My report to doesn't know the product and her report to is even worse - and she reports to the president of the company! Some of her great lines are:
1) We are make 360 degree changes from what we used to do.
2) Double $150 is $250!
3) I really can see people having on average $46,000.00 in disposable income.

Advice to Management

I think the biggest thing for senior management is to stop playing intra office politic's games. It seems like all they are trying to do is keep their jobs as they fire people below them.

reviews filtered by

Dealer Acquisition

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Whitewater, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Whitewater, WI (US)

I worked at Generac Power Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They trained well. Good starting job. People I worked with were great.

Cons

I drove from Milwaukee. I once got behind 3 slow moving semis while heading into the office. I was 2 minutes late. My manager made me take half a day and docked my pay. Another time the clock was wrong and I clocked out 2 minutes early. I had to take half a day.....It felt like my supervisor really relished her role as the bad cop.

Advice to Management

Flex scheduling

2. The opportunities to contribute and and add value to this growing organization are limitless!

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time

Pros

Your ideas are valued and wanted. This is a company that pays for performance not just fancy ideas. The work pace is fast and results oriented. A great place to work if you being engaged and active.

Cons

If you like to think things over and over and then think on it a little more you will not like this environment. Company is behind on providing all the advanced tools people think they need to get the job done but management is looking into ways to correct that.

Advice to Management

Keeping talking about and reinforcing the end result. There are a lot of great people here that give it their all and would most likely give even more if management entertained some flexibility around work schedule.