Generac Power Systems

www.generac.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Generac Power Systems

Generac's Management blows major chunks

Current Employee - Dealer Acquisitions in Whitewater, WI (US)
Current Employee - Dealer Acquisitions in Whitewater, WI (US)

I have been working at Generac Power Systems

Pros

The best reason to work at Generac is if you are interested in the generator market and need experience.

Cons

Management doesn't know anything. They can't communicate to save their lives. We learn about job critical information a day before the public does. We, the employees, have to constantly make excuses for upper management. I don't think management isn't from the same planet as the rest of us. Turn over in our department is more than 50%. My report to doesn't know the product and her report to is even worse - and she reports to the president of the company! Some of her great lines are:
1) We are make 360 degree changes from what we used to do.
2) Double $150 is $250!
3) I really can see people having on average $46,000.00 in disposable income.

I think the biggest thing for senior management is to stop playing intra office politic's games. It seems like all they are trying to do is keep their jobs as they fire people below them.

64 Other Employee Reviews for Generac Power Systems (View Most Recent)

Been here less than a year and love it!

Current Employee - Sales Management
    Current Employee - Sales Management

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely love the companies drive to win in the market! It's an intense place to work for sure because it is very results driven. Wall Street loves the financial performance. The office is completely renovated and conference rooms have modern technology for meetings. Getting into new product categories is only going to mean continual growth. I'm in sales and love being the leader in the generator market because it gives us strength in customer meetings.

Cons

Definately not a place for mediocre people that want to work 8-5 and turn everything off. This place is for career minded people that can handle a company that is aggressively growing organically and through acquisition. A place for hard working people.

The opportunities to contribute and and add value to this growing organization are limitless!

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time

Pros

Your ideas are valued and wanted. This is a company that pays for performance not just fancy ideas. The work pace is fast and results oriented. A great place to work if you being engaged and active.

Cons

If you like to think things over and over and then think on it a little more you will not like this environment. Company is behind on providing all the advanced tools people think they need to get the job done but management is looking into ways to correct that.

Keeping talking about and reinforcing the end result. There are a lot of great people here that give it their all and would most likely give even more if management entertained some flexibility around work schedule.

There are newer employer reviews for Generac Power Systems