General Mills

www.generalmills.com
There are newer employer reviews for General Mills

Great internship experience

I worked at General Mills as an intern

Pros

Great culture and intern training

Cons

Great summer internship experience but office located not convenient

625 Other Employee Reviews for General Mills (View Most Recent)

Sales and sales manager positions, traditional format customers, full portfolio responsibilities

Current Employee - Customer Account Manager I in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Account Manager I in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at General Mills full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, work life balance, high quality training , personnel. Wining brands, credibility with customers. Continuous improvement initiatives. Steady, strong ship.

Cons

Slower to respond in consumer market, relying on canned approach/ systems rather than custom expertise with customer. Adverse to change even when key customers challenge organization as "late, slow" behind the curve vs innovator.

Balance the steady ship approach with more true forward thinking initiatives, not merely tweaks to existing models. It's time to go beyond the next iteration of Cheerios, there are other ideas yet to be created.

It's a living.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I have been working at General Mills full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ample days off for technicians, decent benefits and environment. Very transparent in regards to changes that occur and what is happening in the company. Management treats the technicians decently. Low stress and I always know what time I am going home.

Cons

Low starting pay with a rigid advancement process that causes the best people to leave because they can't live on the wages while waiting to advance. I would not move into any role other than a technician because you are basically a slave to the plant. I see those in support roles coming in on weekends and constantly staying late, plus they are on call 24/7! This company tells new hires they emphasize a work-life balance but it seems it's only for those of us who are on the floor making product.

Cut back on the acronyms, it is beyond ridiculous. I am surprised we even speak English at the plant instead of uttering two and three letter acronyms to each other in order to communicate. Also, stop bribing people with "incentives" to donate to United Way in order for the company to look good to the community. Giving should come from the heart, not from a desire to get a little more time off from work.

There are newer employer reviews for General Mills