General Motors
www.careers.gm.com Detroit, MI 5000+ Employees

Great people, fair salary and a constantly improving work environment - this is not the old GM!

Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee)
Warren, MI (US)

I have been working at General Motors full-time for more than 5 years

ProsInnovative, empowering, technologically and socially advanced. Great direction from top leadership who understands the history and is dedicated to not reliving it. Being a large company can have some disadvantages but everyone here who survived the Bankruptcy is fully dedicated to doing whatever it takes to make sure we continue to satisfy our customers by building and selling the worlds best vehicles.

ConsGovernment stigma hanging over our heads by the uniformed public that believes the the politicians are controlling our every move. It simply is not true. GM was on the road to improvement long before the banks collapsed and the government had to step in. No one wants to improve the stock price and get the government completely out of our business, more than every single employee and retiree....

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the current direction to build a Fortress Balance Sheet and satisfy our customers.

Good company to gain experience. not a long term choice if not in Michigan and in the club

Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at General Motors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Excellent work/life balance; Very good vacation time. Good company to… Cons: Value process instead of engineers; management has no long term… Advice to Senior Management: None No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Rate

I have been working at General Motors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Not a bad company if you want an easy money Cons: No career opportunity available no matter what unless No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Motors CEO Mary Barra. All reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees.