Gentle Dental & Orthodontics
www.gentledentalcareers.com Inglewood, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Relatively good place to work in as an associate general dentist compared to other dental companies.

General Dentist (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Gentle Dental & Orthodontics full-time for more than a year

Pros-Pretty good systems in place (at least compared to other dental corporations I've worked in) to help manage day to day activities.
-If full time: malpractice insurance paid for, supplies are supplied as well. Medical and dental benefits are good also, as well as other benefits one can have (it, 401K, or other retirement plans)
-Ethical place to work in (yes, believe it or not, for a dental corporation!). Good perio protocol in place. Dr is free to diagnose however they choose, so did not get too much pressure for trying to "sell" a treatment plan that wasn't of the standard of care.
-company paid CE available, especially when first starting out with the company. Basic practice management and risk management is talked about--these are things you do not get in dental school.
-yearly "getaway" meeting at a nice hotel/resort with employees from different regions and offices, and seminars/lectures from those from upper management, including the CEO. General "mission goal" explained to everyone.
-opportunity for mentorship from a senior dentist

Cons-Relatively lower pay production rate than other places. But then again, the benefits are good, so that may outweigh things.
-When I wanted to leave the company and go venture off on other opportunities, their "pep" talk for convincing me to stay was basically a conversation about how great their benefits were. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have anything better to say other than the "great" benefits they have.
-the upper management (ie, CEO, etc) speeches during the seminars are great and motivating. their ideas they had for how to better manage an office were good. The only disappointing thing I found was that those ideas I wanted to apply once I got back seemed to be "hindered" a bit by the middle management. I felt like there could be a little "cleanup" with some of the middle management employees (ie, regional managers, etc).
-you have to schedule your vacation time a year ahead! (this is for full time employees only)

Advice to Senior ManagementAs someone had mentioned before in this same thread, you need to take a harder look at what is truly going on in the offices. The high morale in an office I wanted to feel isn't quite what I felt when I went back to the office after some of the meetings/lectures/seminars I went to.

Great place to work if you want to perform same function for your entire career.

Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Gentle Dental & Orthodontics

Pros: Fair/good pay ray. Supply everything you need to perform job function. Management… Cons: Even though management is available, they only listen to their very "top" employees...until they get tired of hearing it. Change is resisted.… Advice to Senior Management: Upper echelon is so far removed from the clinical licensees...even though they visit the offices, have their conferences… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

a Copycat company

Office Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Gentle Dental & Orthodontics

Pros: Management pay scale is good. Cons: Field employees are grossly underpaid. Lack of communication between Sr… Advice to Senior Management: Differentiate yourself from other Dental Companies. Stop copying BrightNow, Western and PDS. Have a clearer long term strategy. Listen more from field… More

There are newer reviews on Gentle Dental & Orthodontics.

Worked for Gentle Dental & Orthodontics? Contribute to the Community!

Gentle Dental & Orthodontics – Why Work for Us?

In 1978, an entrepreneurial group of dentists realized that they could focus more on the practice of dentistry if they had someone manage the business for them. Under the name of “Gentle Dental,” this group grew into a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gentle Dental & Orthodontics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gentle Dental & Orthodontics CEO John Steinbrun. All reviews posted anonymously by Gentle Dental & Orthodontics employees.