There are newer employer reviews for Genuine Parts

GPC/NAPA

Former Employee - Sales Manager
Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Genuine Parts

Pros

Great working atmosphere and co workers, many friends made working there. Great bonus program expecially EOY.

Cons

Very demanding houres one cannot balance personal life and professional career with expectations to succed with company basically all take and no give. Management tries to motivate with intimdation very little praise given. Promotions given "good ole boys club" fashion.

Your only as good as your people, you are losing many years of experiance. Open your eyes and stop being so proud.......for the sake of the company's future.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Genuine Parts (View Most Recent)

OK place for 2-3 years

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for GPC for seven years in their Shared Services IT department. Compensation is OK. Flexible time. Work from home (one day a week). Location is good.

Cons

Every year in the past 4 years I have been thinking of leaving, but because of some personal reasons I am still with them. I know that by default women in the technology industry are not appreciates as they ought to be, but GPC is horrible in this regard. Obvious discrimination in terms of salary and promotions, and when management is confronted they can't give you any answers. No career growth opportunities. Everybody is talking about change, but nothing is changing. 2 weeks of vacation unless you have been with the company for 7 years. No diversity except for the contractors. Management/Company is stuck in the 70s.

Warehouse Stocking Clerk

Current Employee - Stocking Clerk in Birmingham, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Stocking Clerk in Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at Genuine Parts part-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Pay is decent for a warehouse stocking job
    -Flexible scheduling

Cons

-Work is mundane and extremely boring
    -Standing and on your feet for hours on end

There are newer employer reviews for Genuine Parts