Goldcorp

www.goldcorp.com

Working in Goldcorp

Miner III (Current Employee) Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

ProsGoldcorp has a great position in the industry, being a industry leader Goldcorp takes great effort to provide a safe, healthy and profitable working environment for employees. Goldcorp encourages transfers between different working sites and there are many different carrers such as miners tradesmen, mill technicians, refiners, assay technicians, training, HR, engineering, secretarial, mechanical, electrical, construction, carpentry, and many more. Goldcorp offers numerous employee education and improvement programs to inspire leadership and growth of people. Goldcorp also pays competitive wages.

ConsFrom my experience some of the negative aspects could be the remote location of some mine sites. requiring the employee to work on a two week on two week off schedule, (which is also a good thing for some people.) Mining is also not the easiest of jobs. Underground operations also have a higher risk factor.

Advice to Senior ManagementI enjoy working at Goldcorp. I really encourage our senior executives to continue the strategy being put in place. Continue being open and approachable. Having been able to meet many of the corporate executives in the company I work for, is one of the many reason I would never work anywhere else.

It's a great place to grow!

Rather Not Tell (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Goldcorp

Pros: It is a growing company with lots of opportunities. We are treated fairly and with respect Our compensation and benefits are probably best in class. Goldcorp represents all… Cons: The senior leadership team is distant, inaccessible and seemingly not interested… Advice to Senior Management: Provide us with your thoughts on where we are, where are going and what you think makes Goldcorp a great company. Providing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Goldcorp - Marigold

Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) Valmy, NV (US)

I worked at Goldcorp full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very good people and leadership, positive work environment, great compensation… Cons: Fairly remote location, short-term financial limitations, changing ownership Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Goldcorp.

Worked for Goldcorp? Contribute to the Community!