Growing Boston firm with much potential

Current Employee - Case Assistant  in  Boston, MA (US)
Current Employee - Case Assistant in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Goodwin Procter

Pros

Fantastic people/culture with a good balance between work and personal time. There is also a vibrant social life in the office which is greatly facilitated by the lack of snooty and otherwise holier-than-thou attorneys which can be fairly commonplace in large corporate firms. The Real Estate practice is very highly regarded and the firm is expanding at an extraordinary pace.

Cons

It's Boston so the compensation levels are not the same as New York and the extent to which you're likely to pick up huge multinational clients with complex legal needs, while possible, is substantially decreased. This is offset, however, by smaller startups from the BioTech and Life Science mecca of Cambridge if you are interested in that area of law.

Keep it up. The expansion and branding initiatives have been a big boost to employees.

Other Reviews for Goodwin Procter

Great People

I worked at Goodwin Procter

Pros

Good people to work with. Enjoy the culture.

Cons

Not always respectful of employees personal time and time-off.

none.

Satisfied - good first job

I have been working at Goodwin Procter full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started at Goodwin Procter in an entry-level position. I received great training and have gained useful knowledge. Comparable positions at other firms often end up being full of mundane paper pushing, but I've definitely received substantive work and responsibilities at Goodwin.

Good culture. The people here are great. Partners and associates do not look down on support staff.

Cons

Poor work life balance, as with most big law firms. Management has limited ability to help maintain reasonable workload for employees. First year associates seem to have poor/no training.

Train associates better. The consequences of having poorly trained associates trickles down to support staff, making our jobs much more difficult.

There are newer employer reviews for Goodwin Procter.

Worked for Goodwin Procter? Contribute to the Community!