Google
4.2 of 5 2,087 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2087 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

It's OK as a contractor.

Business Specialist (Former Employee)
Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Google as a contractor for less than a year

ProsSmart people, enthusiasm, lots of free Google stuff (bags, jackets, shirts, etc.). Cool technology - new phones, tablets and computers to use and test on the job. It's exciting to work on things that you know people use and love.

ConsYou kind of have to drink the kool-aid. So enthusiasm over new acquisitions can be over the top. You've got use and LOVE (or pretend to) new projects like Wave, Google+, Google Local, etc. As a contractor, you're definitely on the bottom of the heap.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent about the length and scope of our projects. My position was supposed to be 3 months, but lasted about 8 (not complaining about that necessarily) but slowly morphed into sales. When it ended, it was sudden. No warning - just 10 people called into a meeting (our whole team) and told this was the last day so turn in our equipment.

Life changing experience, fabulous products, but you don't want to work in Sales

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Google full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - International environment - Smart people - Great products - Disruptive innovation - Unparalleled… Cons: - Sales is cock-up - Management is appalling, with few exceptions - They manage to make every job in Sales unnecessarily boring… Advice to Senior Management: Rethink the organization from a human perspective Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

ISA Contract

ISA (Former Employee)
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Google as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Great workplace environment, good pay, great location Cons: Little prospect of being made permanent if on contract, even if they get head count for… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring in people with no record over temps who… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.