There are newer employer reviews for Google

It's OK as a contractor.

Former Employee - Business Specialist in Portland, OR (US)
Former Employee - Business Specialist in Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Google as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Smart people, enthusiasm, lots of free Google stuff (bags, jackets, shirts, etc.). Cool technology - new phones, tablets and computers to use and test on the job. It's exciting to work on things that you know people use and love.

Cons

You kind of have to drink the kool-aid. So enthusiasm over new acquisitions can be over the top. You've got use and LOVE (or pretend to) new projects like Wave, Google+, Google Local, etc. As a contractor, you're definitely on the bottom of the heap.

Be more transparent about the length and scope of our projects. My position was supposed to be 3 months, but lasted about 8 (not complaining about that necessarily) but slowly morphed into sales. When it ended, it was sudden. No warning - just 10 people called into a meeting (our whole team) and told this was the last day so turn in our equipment.

2597 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

MBA Intern

Former Employee - MBA Intern in Mountain View, CA (US)
    Former Employee - MBA Intern in Mountain View, CA (US)

I worked at Google as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The food is good. The events can be fun. MBA Interns get a few special events to participate in.

Cons

Google Enterprise was not a good place to intern with. The company isn't exactly sure whether it wants to invest in enterprise because the sales capacity to close a deal is not ideal compared to advertising. The summer was pretty lonely because the Partner Programs team is all seated in London or Europe. My manager didn't seem to really know what he wanted out of the project I was working on.

- Better alignment between project and company goals
    - Don't put an intern on an island
    - Your pitch at MBA schools isn't the greatest - refine so it doesn't sound too arrogant

Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager in Tongzhou, Beijing (China)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Tongzhou, Beijing (China)

I worked at Google full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a good company, very good option for entry level student to learn. The sales team is very flexible, and got a lot of opporunity to work with customer

Cons

people work inefficient, since the company is too big, you will find you are very small. And there is some office politics there. make you feel depressed.

There are newer employer reviews for Google