It is a friendly environment that places a lot of value in loyalty.

I have been working at Grocers Supply

Pros

The co-workers are great. Benefits are very good. Considering the state of the economy, it feels like a stable place. They are bringing some new management in and they have some good ideas.

Cons

Some people have spent their whole working life there and are not very open to new ideas. They would prefer the newer people to adjust to "their way" instead of being open to hearing how some things good be done differently.

It would be nice if there could be more information available about what is going on in the company, with our customers and with competition.

Other Reviews for Grocers Supply

Watch out for the cliques

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Grocers Supply

Pros

Stable company, been around 85+ years. Somewhat recession resistant. Currently transitioning from Family-run to Professionally managed company (although will be rough for a few years)

Cons

Senior Staff very tenured, and stuck in their own way of doing things. I don't know how many times I've been told "that's they way we've always done it." Some divisions are run very well, others try to make themselves look good , by bashing (very counter-productive) other functions. They don't like change...

More open communication will allow those under the VP level to help improve the business. Need to try to train some current employees to get promoted when the VPs start retiring.

Management is behind with the times and are very stubborn. Also they don't utilize the good people that they have.

Former Employee - Order Selector  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Order Selector in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Grocers Supply as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

You get paid every week and the benefits are good if they allow you to get them.

Cons

Produce dept is bad and needs a change of direction with management.

There are newer employer reviews for Grocers Supply.

Worked for Grocers Supply? Contribute to the Community!