There are newer employer reviews for H E B

The Usual

Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX (US)
Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at H E B part-time (more than an year)

Pros

A large company that does a lot to ensure the quality of their product

Cons

It's a grocer in the end.

558 Other Employee Reviews for H E B (View Most Recent)

Completely unprofessional, lack of understanding of onboarding a new ee, and completely unprofessional behavior.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at H E B as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Most of the people that work there very nice hard-working individuals. The overall work environment was very positive.

Cons

It took IT over three weeks to get me the system access that I needed to do my job. The director of my department frequently engaged in screaming matches with his employees. I would be given direction to do something a certain way, But it would turn out that the directors vision was not what he explained to me to do. The only direction I was given was that I needed to learn the process so that we could follow the project management process. When trying to do so, I was met with Significant resistance from those involved.

Get a better on boarding process so that your contractor/partners don't have to wait three weeks before they can start working. They are out how to get someone NID without having to wait almost 3 weeks to obtain one. And, above all, screaming at employees is 100% unprofessional and should not be tolerated in any form or fashion. I was appalled that this is behavior that I was told frequently occurred.

Horrible advancement if over 40 years old.

Current Employee - Central Checkout Manager
    Current Employee - Central Checkout Manager

I have been working at H E B full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and continues to give pay raises in tough economical times.

Cons

No advancement opportunities if older. They would rather hire a 22 year old with no experience or HEB mentality in taking care of partners & customers and wonder why things are going bad for them.

Stop allowing brown nosers the opportunity to advance over those who truly deserve it. Charles do a top down review, ask the top leaders what the bold promise means to them and see how many rehearsed answers he gets rather than from the heart where it needs to come from every day.

There are newer employer reviews for H E B