There are newer employer reviews for H E B

A lot of room to grow

I have been working at H E B

Pros

H E B gives you plenty of growing opportunities. You just have to show your interest and hope that your managers are there to help you out.

Cons

Customer interaction is always a hard thing to handle. Just remember you are representing H E B if you have an angry customer so it actually builds ones patience.

Treat the customers right and the partners better. If someone has a degree they should try everything in their power to make them feel as if they have achieved something extraordinary.

558 Other Employee Reviews for H E B (View Most Recent)

The Usual

Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at H E B part-time (more than an year)

Pros

A large company that does a lot to ensure the quality of their product

Cons

It's a grocer in the end.

Completely unprofessional, lack of understanding of onboarding a new ee, and completely unprofessional behavior.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at H E B as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Most of the people that work there very nice hard-working individuals. The overall work environment was very positive.

Cons

It took IT over three weeks to get me the system access that I needed to do my job. The director of my department frequently engaged in screaming matches with his employees. I would be given direction to do something a certain way, But it would turn out that the directors vision was not what he explained to me to do. The only direction I was given was that I needed to learn the process so that we could follow the project management process. When trying to do so, I was met with Significant resistance from those involved.

Get a better on boarding process so that your contractor/partners don't have to wait three weeks before they can start working. They are out how to get someone NID without having to wait almost 3 weeks to obtain one. And, above all, screaming at employees is 100% unprofessional and should not be tolerated in any form or fashion. I was appalled that this is behavior that I was told frequently occurred.

There are newer employer reviews for H E B