HARMAN

www.harman.com
There are newer employer reviews for HARMAN

Rude management personnel, Poor installation jobs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland, MI (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland, MI (US)

I worked at HARMAN as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

To get paid for your hard work.

Cons

Rude managers, lack of professional presence and conduct. Careless workers/peers, perform jobs with the least carefulness and professionalism.

Be kind to others.

152 Other Employee Reviews for HARMAN (View Most Recent)

A great place to study and work for

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Tokyo (Japan)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Tokyo (Japan)

I worked at HARMAN full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of flexibility in job requirements. Over the dozen or so years I have been here, I have pretty much written my own job description.
    Small side projects became larger projects, become job requirements. I have not had a manager give me 'an assignment' in the last 8-9 years. It is a very self-directed environment.

All the creature comforts are here: free drinks, breakfasts, Summer Outings, Anniversary cruises, etc...
    All the benefits that matter are here: 401k match, insurance plans, profit sharing. Respectable salary

Being a worker-bee with no eye towards management, I am quite happy to do the 9-5, and not think about work at all when I am gone.

Cons

There is not a lot of promotions here.
    That said, I think people come in with weird expectations: It is not high school, you don't get a promotion every year. Realistically, every position I have held here had possibility of being a life long career position.

We are a wee bit conservative.
    Every time that gets me upset, I think to myself "Do you run a half a billion dollar a year company?" The answer has always been no, so I figure the more conservative path that got us here has merit.

Solid Company To Work For

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at HARMAN full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people were great and that really made a difference. Solid commitment to the brands from top management down. Learned a great deal when given the opportunity to work with VP's. Human Resources was always very friendly and open even when I decided to pursue another career opportunity. All vacation was paid out and HR even let me keep my phone for a few extra days until I started my new job.

Cons

Nothing specific...there are problems and issues at every company.

Offer or give the opportunity of harder and challenging projects/accounts to people looking/wanting to work more. Also, I always learned a great deal when I had the opportunity to be a part of senior management meetings where VP's could offer advice, knowledge or expertise. You could learn a lot just by watching and listening. Maybe include people who want to learn more, gain more experience, etc. in meeting, situations, or just some one on one time with the people who are on a succession plan.

There are newer employer reviews for HARMAN