There are newer employer reviews for HCL Technologies

Young and dynamic company. Enable employees to take decisions on their own. Employee First culture

I have been working at HCL Technologies

Pros

Freedom to take decisions and flat organization Hierarchy. Great growth oppurtunities if you have potential

Cons

Continiously improving as it grows. It's not perfect but management is always intrested in knowing grey areas and taking quick improvment actions.

Be like the way you are today. Dont change as the company grow.

3096 Other Employee Reviews for HCL Technologies (View Most Recent)

Good

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work Life balance
    Job security
    Medical insurance for family

Cons

Low on compensation
    senior Management doesn't listen to you

Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Bellevue, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA (US)

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exposure to tech giants that actually appreciate talent.

Cons

Terrible salary, terrible management, terrible communication, terrible benefits. Vineet is just greedy. HCL will charge 100K+ to clients like microsoft and then turn around and give their employee 50% or less of that. Most of us have some fictional manager that never speaks to their underlings. probably b/c the manager is in India and we are in the states actually making money for the company. Want a raise? don't bother they tend to give out 1%. thats right 1%. if you break that down to an hourly rate its roughly 25 cents an hour. basically your no better than an over educated grocery cashier. On top of that you get to listen to Vineet's "weekend thoughts." Which in my opinion is nothing but garbage. dont get on board with this company. Nothing but spam e-mail from India's head quarters. Apparently everyone in India has a lot of free time to make colorful e-mails about nothing. Dont get me started on their employee portal. What a train wreck. A software development company that makes terrible software. Every Microsoft FTE I've spoken with feels that HCL is the worst of all vendor companies in terms of talent and pay. you know its bad when the client tells a vendor their underpaid. Their HQ is not in sunnyvale, thats just where they mail checks from. Not one person that represents HCL in America has one shred of power.

They don't have managers the client manages you.

There are newer employer reviews for HCL Technologies

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!