Hajoca Corporation

www.hajoca.com
  www.hajoca.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hajoca Corporation

Great Company, Great People

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Philadelphia, PA (US)
Former Employee - Management Trainee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Hajoca Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everything was great. with this company

Cons

I do not have anything to add here.

Keep doing what you're doing

33 Other Employee Reviews for Hajoca Corporation (View Most Recent)

The best employer nobody has ever heard of...

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time

Pros

This is a highly capable privately-owned business with true long-term vision. The company seeks out highly talented individuals to join the team and then puts forth a great deal of effort towards making sure they stick around.

Cons

Since the company is highly decentralized your individual experience can hinge greatly on your direct manager.

Keep up the great work.

Understaffed with little respect for employees

Former Employee - COUNTER SALES in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - COUNTER SALES in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Hajoca Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Profit sharing if you are a good employee at a good store can be a bonus that is 25%-50% of your salary.

The CEO, Rick Fantham, is one of the best men I have ever met.

Cons

I've worked with the upper management and heard several times when discussing employees recommendations for improvement "I think what you mean by that is they think they're lucky to have a job and wouldn't want to say anything that would put their job status at risk because in this economy they don't have any other options."

They have failed to invest in procurement which has left them noncompetitive with larger accounts, and has left them making up the difference by running short-staffed. Since they're short-staffed they can't provide the service level that they sell as their advantage in the market. Recent management changes have caused several top store managers to leave and left several locations without managers for extended periods of time because they can't find people to take the jobs.

Minorities and women have little to no chance to progress within the company. I am not either of those, but have been appalled by the fact that while 30% of our workforce are minorities, there was only ONE minority manager and one female manager out of over 30.

The work life balance in non existent. I was expected to answer my phone 24-7, no matter what, and while I was promised time off for major events, like the birth of twins, there were always "extenuating circumstances," that forced me to come back into work early. I was harassed when I asked for time off and told to keep my phone on and answer my emails or else my next vacation request would be denied.

Learn what the word long-term investment means. Managers and employees have crippled their businesses because investing in growth has been inherently discouraged by the short-term compensation models.

There are newer employer reviews for Hajoca Corporation