There are newer employer reviews for Hallmark

Long time employees are being laid off

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

I worked at Hallmark full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent pay, good working conditions while you're still employed.

Cons

Industry is shrinking, company is shrinking... thousands of layoffs in the past few years and many many more layoffs to come.

Cut bait while you can... all at once. Close Enfield and the manufacturing plants left in the U.S. and get it over with. Hallmark will only ever be a shell of its former self.

349 Other Employee Reviews for Hallmark (View Most Recent)

Hallmark has very dedicated employees, but they have been managing the business the same way far too long.

Former Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Kansas City, MO (US)

I worked at Hallmark full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hallmark has some wonderful people to work with. There is a decent level of job security, but that has started to get a little shakey. Good opportunites for advancement after a few years on the job.

Cons

Old guard had not been creative in improving how to better manage their day to day business. It has become a much more stressful place to work.

You cannot move forward in a positive direction unless you are willing to let go of old tools and processes.

Flexible & Family Oriented

Former Employee - Conversion Team Production Artist  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Conversion Team Production Artist in Kansas City, MO (US)

I worked at Hallmark as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The companies overall attitude towards family is good (they even have a pumping room for nursing mothers). The department I worked in was very understanding about time off & had a family first attitude, which is hard to find!

Cons

I've heard completely the opposite about other departments attitudes towards flexibility from other employee's or former employees. So I think it everything can be quite different from department to department as it is a fairly large company.

Other opportunities should only be mentioned by management if its a sure thing. I can't tell you how many times I heard of a job opening while I was there & went through the rigorous process of applying only to find they decided it wasn't in there budget so they would be "making departmental changes" instead.

There are newer employer reviews for Hallmark

Worked for Hallmark? Contribute to the Community!