HauteLook

www.bit.ly
  www.bit.ly
There are newer employer reviews for HauteLook

I love working at HauteLook!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at HauteLook

Pros

Ample opportunities for employee development/advancement
Upper management truly values employees
Laid-back atmosphere
Flexible work schedule
Competitive salary
Fun company lunches
Stable company with job security

Cons

Not too big of a deal, but it would be nice if the company observed a few more holidays.

I started working at HauteLook in the company's first year, so I have seen it change and grow over the last few years. The company's leadership has done an excellent job of managing this change so that the company continues to be a great place to work.

42 Other Employee Reviews for HauteLook (View Most Recent)

This is a fast moving, intellectually challenging, state of the art environment full of fun people!

Current Employee - IT Team
    Current Employee - IT Team

I have been working at HauteLook

Pros

Hautelook is a very fast paced, IT and Sales driven company where initiative, hard work, and intelligence are rewarded. Despite the fast pace, the atmosphere is very casual and low pressure thanks to the personal style of all the department heads and managers. HL attracts top talent with good wages and fair benefits and we are adding employees during these hard economic times. The people are mostly very young and energetic. The workspace is open and modern, the location near great entertainment, food and housing and there is a train station right in front of the HQ. The company is California Chic in every way.

Cons

With the rapid growth, roll out of new technologies and acquisition by Nordstrom, things are a bit chaotic sometimes.

To have us become promoters, give monthly allowance to each employee to buy from our website and give the employees shirts and hoodies with company logo and slogan.

A fast-moving company...with little opportunity for advancement.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at HauteLook

Pros

-Occasional catered lunches
    -Despite little paid vacation time, most departments are flexible about unpaid time off when necessary
    -Lots of company growth makes for a stable work environment compared to other start-ups

Cons

-Most salaries are below market value
    -Little opportunity for upward mobility
    -Only two weeks of paid vacation (three after 3 years), and few paid holidays
    -No employee discount, just free shipping (but only on select items)
    -The internal promotion process is questionable at best, straight-up nepotism at worst
    -Employee initiative and innovation are neither encouraged nor rewarded; it's nearly impossible implement new projects or changes below a management level

Replace the cupcakes and catered lunches with base wages that are reflective of market value, and create incentives that are geared toward building employee engagement and retention.

There are newer employer reviews for HauteLook