Health Management Associates
www.hma.com Naples, FL 5000+ Employees

Salaried employees

HH RN (Current Employee)

I have been working at Health Management Associates

ProsWorking with this small community hospital means working with a very professional and caring group of people from nursing, to therapy to ancillary staff. HMA recognizes and supports all levels of staff through multiple recognition programs throughout the year.

ConsUnfortunately, HMA does not demonstrate recognition of the uncompensated hours the salaried staff must work in order to meet the expectations of the job. Salaried for 40+ (undefined) hours does not even begin to cover the 50-60+ hours it takes to complete a week of home health care. And, the majority of the staff provide exemplery care as evidenced by a large referral base,JACHO compliance and positive patient satisfaction scores. 1-2% raises (with no raises for 2009), no COLA, and the loss of our matching retirement funds has left many of us with a diminishing income that started long before the economy began it's decline.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs intelligent professionals we all recognize the need to tighten our belts, however we also recognize that our compensation in inequitable and needs to be adjusted.

Hard work without decent pay.

Patient Access Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Health Management Associates

Pros: I was taught several different jobs in my year at HMA. Upon my arrival at HMA… Cons: The downsides to working at this specific HMA facility are: not knowing what shift you will be working or when, never having a definate schedule,… Advice to Senior Management: Your employees in the admissions department work very hard and should be paid accordingly. Essentailly your hospital could not run effectivley without… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

WHO IS HE AND WHAT DOES HE BELIEVE?

CPhT (Current Employee)

I have been working at Health Management Associates

Pros: HMA owns several hospitals in mostly rural areas. Hospitals are a necessity for health care and employees working at hospitals will… Cons: HMA focuses on management of rural hospitals. I happen to work at a hospital in Southwest Florida area. Some of the financial practices… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of all employees. Ancillary departments are just as crucial to Nursing as Nursing is crucial to patient satisfaction. I have not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Health Management Associates.

Worked for Health Management Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Health Management Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Health Management Associates CEO Gary D. Newsome. All reviews posted anonymously by Health Management Associates employees.