There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Overworked under appreciated

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a great sense of camaraderie and if you are at the right store you can bonus upward of 15K quarterly.

Cons

Perpetually understaffed so Branch Managers will often work 60 hours per week which can be frustrating when your store is not bonusing or you are cutting staffs hours to meet OT goals. HIGH emphasis on sales with sometimes unrealistic goals-- can lead to some shady practices

Cutting corners to save money short term will cause some of the best managers to leave

1685 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

It was a Joke

Former Employee - Management Trainee  in  Tulsa, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Tulsa, OK (US)

I worked at Hertz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Driving new cars
    Driving to drop cars off, gave you time to listen to music, be on your phone and relax, take a nap if you were traveling long distance

The location I worked at was relatively slow so I was always playing games on my phone

I only worked there for 6 weeks

Weekends off because I was still a trainee

Closed on Sundays and only open a few hours on Saturday

Really good paid/closed holidays(Closed most holidays)

Cons

The pay. This was my first job out of college. They paid me 10 dollars an hour! A college graduate!

They promised bonuses which I got but it was only 12 dollars which increased my pay by 1 cent an hour..

The office was really disgusting. Why will people pay good money for a rental car if the office where you rent it from looks like a shady business building with missing ceiling tiles, dirty wall, dirty carpet, and overall gross appearance.

They tried really hard to make my position legitimate because I had a degree but the customer service rep that was supposedly under me ( because he did not have a degree) was making 10 dollars as well...

Cleaning the cars in the115 degree Oklahoma heat and sweating in your dressy clothes.

I felt like I was wasting my life every second I worked there.

Recent college grads, its not worth it. I know time are hard and there are really no jobs, but you will be better off working somewhere else. For 10 bucks an hour, just work at Walmart.

Pay better. Its really degrading to college graduates to get such little pay. If you paid better people would stay and maybe your company would be taken more seriously.

Never enough

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Hertz full-time

Pros

Managers get company car (if one is left at the end of the day)
    There is always something that needs to be done (not going to get bored, just burnt out)
    Most off airport locations are closed on Sunday

Cons

Theme of "its not what you've done but for me but what will you do next?"
    Upper management try to operate a business a level or more removed from the actual work.
    Flavor of the day constantly changing.
    You're treated differently by how you perform- regardless of economic conditions/considerations.
    Very little instruction if you have any question- management says they're there to help but won't answer calls or instruct you to "figure it out".

Consider your employees are your most valuable asset. You make all decisions based on "shareholder interest" and end up hurting your employees and operations badly. It's hard to build a business and take market share from competitors when you're restricted from using all tools in the box. Time to tell your shareholders to back off and ensure things will be ok in the long run. Too many decisions are made for the short term outlook.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!