Hertz

www.hertz.com

Try to find something else

Manager Trainee (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Pros- Decent benefits
- Easy to obtain employment with Bachelor's Degree, and it is difficult to get fired
- If you meet sales goals, promotion to Branch Manager can happen quickly. Hertz likes to promote from within.

Cons- Expect to work 50+ hours per week, including Saturdays. Don't expect to take a lunch break, and taking time off for any reason is highly discouraged.
- Only way to obtain pay raise is through promotions, which are awarded solely based on sales goals. Any other value that you bring to the company will not be considered. This would include but would not be limited by: providing excellent customer service, being reliable, working extra hours, cleaning cars well or at high frequency.
- Management will not recognize good work outside of meeting sales incentives, in general. Non-monetary incentives for things like providing good customer service exist, but will not be awarded, regardless of eligibility. Periodically, upper management will focus on one non-sales aspect of the business to focus on. If you fall behind on the focus item, you will be punished; if you do well in that aspect, you will not be rewarded in any way.
- You will wash cars wearing dress clothes. At many locations, car cleaning location is just an uncovered area, like an alleyway, with a water hose and vacuum cleaner.
- Company philosophy is to "do more with less". Constant layoffs at corporate offices, which means less support to resolve various issues. At rental locations, reduction of workforce is achieved by not replacing terminated employees. Supplies needed to complete tasks are routinely not available, for example, cleaning supplies to clean rental cars.
- Expect to run a location by yourself during the most busy times. A list of all that needs to be done by yourself on the busiest days: cleaning vehicles, answering phones whenever they ring, closing the location to pick up and return customers, working the rental counter, inspecting vehicles, doing routine business paperwork.
- Never count on a bonus at this company. The incentive structure changes pretty much every quarter. Hertz will use every trick that they can think of to reduce bonuses.
- You will get yelled at a lot at this job. Everything from complaints about dirty or damaged vehicles to complaints about billing policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire enough people at locations to get the job done. Treat your lower-level employees better; they're people, not just numbers.

In Hertz, I met passionated people. If you make the effort, the company will recognise you

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good communication from the top Appetite for challenges Feeling part of a team Fun company… Cons: Fire fighting attitude Sometimes working with technology can be challenging it… Advice to Senior Management: Grow, Grow, Grow I would like to see more expansion of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worst Job Ever

Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Hertz full-time for less than a year

Pros: MT to ABM in 4 months. Cons: Rapid promotions are because the job sucks. I was the assistant branch manager of a branch that grossed over $2 million in revenue… Advice to Senior Management: Give the tools needed to those that actually get the job done. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hertz.

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!