There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

THIS IS JUST A JOB, NOTHING ELSE

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Tampa, FL (US)
Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at Hertz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its a good job to have right out of college, but try not to get stuck here. Employee Benefits are good, especially for those who do not have their own insurance.

Cons

Where should I start? A majority of the customers are rude! The pay is low, Expect to work 50+ hours on a weekly basis, so if you do not want a social life, this job is perfect. Turnover is extremely high so you will always be working at a branch that is understaffed . The insurance replacements are the worst. . You have to clean cars wearing your work clothes, the hours are long, and picking up people can be very dangerous, especially for women. The company only cares about making money, you are taught how to deceive people.

Hire more people and actually care about your employees

1727 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

NO Management or Training

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I have been working at Hertz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Learn Vital aspects of the rental car business

Cons

My first day I walked in and there was no manager. The guy that hired me quit two days before I started and no one bothered to tell me. I trained myself and then once I got through training and did the requirments they would not promote me and brought in some kid with no college degree to be my new manager.

Hire people with skills and education and promote them when they do a good job.

Do Not Work Here Ever!

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate

I worked at Hertz part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is nothing good about working at this company whatsoever!

Cons

I was a Hertz for three years! I was hired in the beginning as Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm and Saturday 8am to noon, full time hours. Then in one week the recession hit Canada then my hours drastically changed sometimes I would be called in for three hours of work. And yet the company requires you to have a vehicle. You actually spend more on your gas and maintance then making an actual salary. My Branch Manager took total advantage of me as well. I did not have even regular hours either. The fleet is so cheap that no one wants to drive Hyndai Accent, Nissan Sentra or Dodge Avenger. This company cuts costs whenever it can. They treat the managenment like gold and the employees like garbage! Every Saturday there would be no SUV's for my customer's reservations however my Branch Manager would be in a Chrevolet Surbon because he had a family. He left me for an entire month after only three months then blamed me for the bad sales afterwords. They were too cheap to hire a cleaner so I had to do it. I was the Acting Branch Manager anyway! He would rent to bad people and they would end up getting into car accidents. Who is going to pay $32 a day for full coverage on a rental anyway. No luxury vehicles only for six months. No selection of vehicles! No AWD cars, only ones that got stuck in the winter time. Terrible customers that will do and say anything for a discount. Bad survey's were the norm. Yet everyone would ask for a discount! It was simply the worst job that I ever had in my entire life. My last month there I brought in $49,000 in revenue and still no thanks either. Now the location went downhill since I resigned it's no longer open on Saturday! Anything to save money for this company! So much high turnover! Cars were not even cleaned well at the airport which lead to complaints from customers. I worked countless hours of overtime that I was never paid for as well. Cars were rented out with bald tires because the company could not afford new ones!

When you pay your staff a horrible wage you get horrible staff! Get some better cars! How about some AWD cars for the winter time. Never enough mini vans trucks or suv's for the winter or the summer time!

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz