Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

A typical large company... Lots of opportunities and lots of bureaucracy.

Current Employee - Software Designer VI  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
Current Employee - Software Designer VI in Cupertino, CA (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good opportunities for career growth. In my experience, managers allow and encourage job changes into new areas. There is a Technical Career Path that provides a path for technical people to move up without having to move into management. Lately they've been encouraging mentoring and different ways to share information across divisions.

Cons

HP is a huge company and is full of annoying bureaucracies. If bureaucracy drives you nuts then don't work for a huge company. If the work you do and the people you work with are more important then HP is a fine place to work and there are lots of opportunities in a large company.

Other Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Great opportunity, and great experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Conway, AR (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

HP has a good Benefit package, along with multiple opportunities for advancement. This is a great place to either get your corporate feet wet, or settle for a long career.

Cons

Compensation plans could stand to be a little better, along with communication, but overall a good company to work for.

Good and positive but could be a lot better.

Current Employee - ITIL Change Manager  in  Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - ITIL Change Manager in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Being independent and able to work and make decisions on my own. Supportive direct management and positive attitude of direct supervisor towards me. Flexible work-time, ability to balance between personal and professional life as per my personal judgement.

Cons

Not so good salary and compensations. No or very low bonuses, no monetary or other stimulation for better performance. Lack of funding for external training.

Provide more effective ways to encourage performance and creativity, reward employees as per their achievements. Offer more training and additional social benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!